Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lovely hackin' book

str34m3r
    I skimmed through the book in Books a Million while I was home last but I wasn't very impressed. A very large chunk of the book was about various methods to get people's passwords. Most of them were elementary examples that were mainly common sense. There was also a significant number of pages devoted to default passwords from everything from routers to FTP accounts on various OS's. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this is a waste of space. Personally, if I wanted the default password for a router, I'd do a quick search on google rather than waste 40 bucks on this book. Now there were some sections that were well written and thought out, but they were too few and far between. While I'm certain that Fadia has more computer knowledge than I could ever dream to have, he didn't do a very good job of transferring that knowledge to the reader. I found the book to be a waste of paper for anyone who has mastered the art of Google.

Hi,

Books just a copy - paste from hack text files available on the net with a little bit of editing

Bye.

With great power comes great responsibility.
    Who am I ?
    Are you sure you want to know ?