Windows ME problem
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows ME problem

Windows ME problem

I have windows ME and sometimes/most of the time when i click on a link on the web there is this long pause while it goes to the page. This just started to happen recently. I am on dsl so usually the pages just pop right up, also when i type something in a forum, i can type but nothing shows up then all of the sudden it all floods in. It is some sort of delay that i am experiencing. I do not experience this with netscape but i really am not too fond of netscape.
    Any help, ideas, or suggestions would be appreciated.
    \"Drastic times call for drastic measures.\"

what do you have running? have u recently installed or updated anything that could effect it?

preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

ya blubster, it gives me the blue sreen of death half of the time when i run that program btw..

Banned
    Maybe you have some sort of SpyWare on your computer that logs everything in IE......

dont say that dome he`ll prob start iunistalling everyting, lol

yeah but limewire came with spyware, anyone know anything bout blubster?
    could be blubster raping your bandwidth, or cpu cycles
    My system got better when i uninstaled it, if your looking for mp3`s get Audiogalaxy!

preep

hmm, I don't have an answer, but I'm running ME, too, with IE 6, and it does the same for me from time to time...

Maybe you've added a prog that is interfering somehow?

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

nah preep i wont uninstall everything, i man not that new. I cleaned out all spyware with athird party ad removal software, i am however uninstalling blubster...

i waz just making sure
    software like limewire, morpheous have some problems.
    and they have all caused probs on my system, ive found out that kazaa and audiogalaxy are the only ones that dont cause errors, or viruses found.

ya blubster is a cool little mp3 search engine, nice layout, easy to use, and small. The only problem is when you get in line to downlaod and it is to que more than one person up the program locks your computer up and displays the blue screen of death, it does for me anyway Something is even making my 3d studio max lock up from time to time, i am thinking of swtiching to windows 2000, better for 3D anyway i hear.

yeah, some software can be funny, i remeber when i wuz a kid i had a copy of dungeon keeper 2 ans it just crashed evertime i started the second level.

its all to do wiht what drivers are loaded, and how well they work, a mate of mine had a cool little proggy called "Driver Detective" it showed you how old you .sys .dll and .vxd files are.

hey ive always got on well with windows, i fix the thing as a hobby
    lol
    preep