Dionne Warwick busted???

Thread: Dionne Warwick busted???

Dionne Warwick busted???

IMHO I think this country has lost its grip on reality to even allow this. This 61 year old whos singing has enriched the lives of millions of people, got busted for having a lipstick case full of joints…whooooo!!! I don’t smoke dope myself but don’t want millions of tax dollars spent on keeping people who want to, from doing so.

734,498 Americans were arrested in 2000 on marijuana charges - 88 percent of them for mere possession.

approximately 36,560 people are in jail today after being convicted solely on marijuana charges.

Law enforcement authorities have only a finite amount of time and resources to investigate and prevent crimes. So every moment spent arresting, booking, and prosecuting a marijuana user is a moment that can't be spent tracking down terrorists and other dangerous criminals.

"A Zogby poll released in December asked whether Americans supported arresting and jailing marijuana smokers, especially 'in light of the events of September 11 and the increased attention to the threat of terrorism,' he said. "A majority of 61 percent opposed such arrests, 33 percent supported them, and 6 percent were undecided. "

"So politicians who want to continue waging the War on Marijuana Smokers aren't just helping real criminals, they're also out of the mainstream."

info obtained from lp.org
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

In other news: Major Cocaine dealer gets off the hook.

(in case you were wondering, I made that up, and it was meant as a sarcastic comment, towards the stupidity of this whole "war on drugs")
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

If you legalize drugs then no more drug dealers. You will still have crack heads who take there radio apart at 3:00am while hanging upside down from the ceiling. But at least you wouldn’t have drug dealers.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Personally I think that there is no practical difference between drugs which are "psychologically addictive" and "physically addictive". Your brain is physical. Your psychology and mood is determined by a tremendous number of physical characteristics, among those blood sugar levels, endorphins, various other steroids (in the technical sense. Not sport-enhancing stuff).

CAT scans have shown that workaholics in the groove have similar brain activity to people smoking cigarettes.

The problem is the definition of addictive. Air is addictive. People suffer fatal withdrawal from oxygen.

Personally, I don't see Marijuana as some sort of special case in the realm of drugs. It's an outside chemical which is not essential to biological functions and is not an integral part of our evolution as a species, so there is no 'reason' for it to be in your body, unlike, say, startches, fats, sugars, vitamins, etc.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

outside chemical which is not essential to biological functions
    Think I’ll go eat a carbon rod and wash it down with some distilled H20.