News: DD Hacker Under House Arrest

Thread: News: DD Hacker Under House Arrest

News: DD Hacker Under House Arrest

Former pro-Napster hacker Robert "Pimpshiz" Lyttle is revealed as one-half of the mysterious Deceptive Duo, and sentenced to house arrest for violating his no-more-hacking probation rules. Read it here.

'If this case goes federal, Robert will have a terrific necessity defense, because his purpose was to avert a greater evil: terrorist attacks on the information infrastructure.'
    -- Attorney Omar Figueroa
    It'll be interesting to see how this case turns out.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

I still think it is like busting into a jewelry store to prove they need better security, rather than a selfless act.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I still think it is like busting into a jewelry store to prove they need better security, rather than a selfless act.
    I agree but it'd be kind of ironic if these two got off mainly because of President Bush's big push for the War Against Terrorism. Sorry but I just can't take that guy seriously .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

AntiOnline Newbie
    I agree but it'd be kind of ironic if these two got off mainly because of President Bush's big push for the War Against Terrorism.[/B]
    Can't see that happening, might be a different story had they both been employees of the govt or had been contracted to test security, but they are kiddies who decided to do these things on their own without the blessings of those directly affected. There can be no question that what they did was without proper authority and illegal.

I say torch 'em.

I never understood why "h4x0ring" is put up there with terrorism. Terrorism = terror. Wow! Defacing pages! Terrifying!

lol well jethy ol boy.. hacking is not considered terrorism but a potential tool for terrorism..
    you cant say "gun" is a murder.. but "killing someone with a gun" is..
    you probably know almost everything now relies on the computer.. and internet..
    its just a matter of time till those Govt. VPNs are revealed to the potential dangerous hackers and use it for their own evil purposes..