Busy System
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busy System

Busy System

For the past 2 weeks, while on the internet only, The computer has frozen. I C+A+D and get a blue screen that tells me that the system is busy or unstable. Then I have to shut it off and go through scandisk. It only does it on the internet.

I've opened up the case to see if it needs air.

So far this morning, I've been on for 1 hour and it's OK.

I've gone to msconfig and optimized the start menu.

Any more suggestions?
    [glowpurple]How do you play the other side of a CD?[/glowpurple]

Banned
    Can you give some more info: Windows Version, processes that are running when the problem occurs, programs you are running,....? Also, your connection-type, modem you use,... Anything you can think of that may be helpful...

Banned
    I've found at google that a certain backdoor allows a messed up ctrl+alt+del to do that and of course scan disk will scann ur pc because it was an improper shutdown. Try a trojan/virus scan and see what ya get. Then tell me.

Win 98se, 56k mocem, E-trust AV, Athlon 850, 512 meg memory Rage and ATI 128 Rage video card.

The only program I'm running at the time is Internet Explorer.

Win 98se, 56k mocem, E-trust AV, Athlon 850, 512 meg memory Rage and ATI 128 Rage video card.

The only program I'm running at the time is Internet Explorer.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Well, oops... if it's stable at other progs, then it's probably not a temperature issue. Perhaps your Internet Explorer is messed up. However bluescreens ... lol that's a M$ thing.

Did you changed something on your box... like a new videocard or some software that auto runs at start up? I know sometimes sygate (still a good personal firewall) and some (OpenGL supporting) Videocards can have conflicts. And like JRoc said a trojan or similar can cause that too.

Banned
    Okies, now we're getting somewhere... Next time the BSOD appears, write down EXACTLY what it says... Post it here, and we'll have a look at it... Or look for it yourself at MS's Knowledge Base...

Hi mom!
    If it is just an ie-problem, try to upgrade it through windows-update. Fast and simple, and it solves a bunch of errors.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Lol I get a BSOD when I try to update windows.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

if you using aol ver 6 or lower its probably a script kiddie knocken you down
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”