verizon

Thread: verizon

Lightbulb verizon

Well heres a little story for ya :

One day i was setting up an apache server and i couldnt get the damn thing to work . I sat there viewing my own webpage at my ip address and it was clearly visible to me. But on the other end no one else could view it. Now realizing that when verizon said that i could not install a webserver be it personall or professional on the standard dsl line , i knew they where kidding. Being that i know some things about linux(im no expert) i decided to ask for some info and help(thanks goes out to corruptedpacket) he showed me and helped me learn some things about configureing a apache server. It wasnt as hard as i expected but still i didnt know a damn thing about it. But now that i think about it , its kinda of ****ed up the Verizon would at there end , on their routers , block all traffice going to anyones port 80. I mean if i had dialup it would be ok , but not dsl or even cable(as of comcast , not sure about anyone elses) Well after binding my apache server to port 1033 and adjusting my domains config files i was able to redirt it to my host. I just wanted to explain my hate for verizon and clear up anyone elses confusion on why there apache or any other servers where not working. i mean i cant even understand why they would do anything like that . Its messed up if you askme. God only knows what else they blocked off. Well if anyones interested check out www.darktower.tk (yea i knows its a free domain but im poor)
    it cant rain every day

I dont know if this will make you feel any better but i work for verizon wireless(cell phones) and i haet them as well, they really screw around with their customers. So dont suprised when they throw you little suprises like this.
    btw does verizon cap your uploads, I am on dsl but when i had a cable modem the upload was capped and running a server would be almost impossible.
    \"Drastic times call for drastic measures.\"

when did verizon start doing this. up until about a year ago i ran a website and ftp server on a verizon dsl connection. i droped it when their redbank servers started timing idle connectios out.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

i dont know when they started but i do know that they do cap their connections and when you buy the verizon small business plan that they uncap the switch for you but i mean i get 712k download and 128k upload so i mean its faster the most things, i mean ive seen some leet warez kiddes running ftp servers of a 56k so dsl its to bad i mean my site isnt that great and all i wanna do is get a point out so i dont need to much of a connection you know
    it cant rain every day

My cable provider does that too- prolog communications in eastern PA if anyone wanted to know.

I also have a Verizon horror story....

I called to get there software, and the latest update they had was for Mac OS 9.1....No 9.2, no OS X, no Airport support, and god forbide you want to have more than one computer on the connection!!!!
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

My adelphia cable connection seems to work ok on letting packets through. I've never seen a cap on my bandwidth, but maybe I've never used what the cap is. I've had people downloading from me off Kazaa ay +40kbps. I wish I could GET stuff from people at that rate.

Also, w00t to the eastern PA nick. I'm in Wilkes-Barre/Hazleton area myself.

Wickdgin, PM me if you're close by.

hey darktower187 websites not htat bad but your download link is broke.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Version horror story: Moved from Philadelphia PA to Portland OR. Kept my verizon wireless based in Philadelphia until I got a new permanate (sp?) address. Changed service to reflect new address made an e-payment using my bank's online bill pay service. In January they lost the payment (only had acct # on statement) changed service to send e-payment using phone # and acct # lost that one too. After many faxes and phone calls (~30hrs on the phone) and each fax sent 3 times they found both payments 3 months after the fact. It seems to me that they need to put better auditing in place.

Cheers,
    -D