Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone listen up!!!!!

Exclamation Everyone listen up!!!!!

Ok peps this forum is dying....its a sad fact but very true. We're just not generating enough new threads or posts to keep peps coming back on a regular basis - the same posts sit on our pages for months before they get pushed off!!!!

Now am not saying I think this forum should be filled with Junk (the way chit chat seems to b going) but we do need to generate some Action in here!

Now I've noticed that we have some very talented web-designers in this forum and alot of us are working on our own wee sites or projects with a few even doing it professionally which is brilliant. But imagine what we could ecomplish if we pulled together Now I'm not saying ditch your own projects! No way but instead why don't we pull on each others strengths to help improve our own pages!

Create a network of AO member pages with the portal constructed by the members! Kinda like the box.sk pages....all seperate sites in their own right but linked to each other......now am not saying that we should have links to each others pages everywhere like neworder etc but what about a common portal as a stepping point into our pages?? with a lil information about each webmaster....a description of his site etc??

Not only could this help to generate more traffic for each site but we could help each other to improve our sites and it if we used this forum as the base for our discussions it could become ALOT more active

We'll I'll leave the idea with u lot - give it some feed back to we see what everyone else thinks

v_Ln

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I think its a great idea.. Get it started up..

yeah...i've noticed this forum is dying...the encryption forum is also very slow. although AO doesn't really have much to do with Webpages it would be great to get this forum moving faster. I really love making webpages (even if they aren't so perfect), and i'm sure a lot of people here also do too. the network of AO member pages idea sounds great! but we'll need s'more support on that...
    -[h3llbringer] is back, again.
    -MSN CLoNE.

hehe...looks like i arrived here at the right time. Time to liven things up!
    Okay lets get the ball rolling...but wait...can someone request JP for some server space to host or websites? If someone can do that then i'll started on the portal and main page straight away! I'll do everything! well..nearly..LOL
    So get off your asses and load up dreamweaver!
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

dreamweaver!?!?!?! BAHH!
    /me dusts off his photoshop and notepad...

v_ln... i love the idea. if you organize it and let us know more of what you had in mind and all that fun stuff... i would be more then happy to join in the fun i can put off some of my clients for a while
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

GreekGoddess
    This sounds great, I would definitely be interested in getting in on this....Let me know how things are going to get started, who needs to do what...any collaborations can be done through my contact information on my profile, don't hesitate to drop me a note.

I'm in the process of getting my site back up after it's recent deletion, I had over 100 seperate pages I have to do, and I don't have the motivation. If this gets in the making, I'm sure to jump on it and get my site up and help contribute whatever I can.

server space is not a prob as I have

100megs
    6gigs bandwith
    50 pop3 email addys
    3 ftp accounts
    10 subdomains
    redhat
    apache server
    mySQL & php4

but unless i get something to put on it in before the end of the month (when am paid up to) then am gonna ditch it - so guys lets get working
    Right we need to organise it!!! I want everyone who reads this thread to PM anyone else they think would be intrested in it telling them about it and to take a look in this forum for more info! Next am gonna start a new thread for peps to sign up, state their skills etc then in like a week we can start organising who does what and maybe get together at a set time in IRC to start chatting about it

So look for the other thread and add your name as well as what you could bring to the project....even if it is just ideas thats brilliant - as this is suppoused to be a network for AO users not just web-designers..lol

so peps lets get cracking =^_^=

v_Ln

Wow cool! This is a great idea. I usually host my website at http://www.hyperlinx.cz but this sounds much better. Good idea, valhallen!

On the end of june, i'll have my own server. You guys can get some space if you like. For free offcourse. Just let me know at mailto:sickdwarf200@hotmail.com when you've got a good plan. I'm not planning on giving 25 people webspace for free. Just the community site.

I'll here ya.
    Bleh.

By the way, the only reason of this forum's death, is because it won't show up at the main page. We should try to change that. That would help big-time.
    Bleh.