Article: Cybercrime Doubles

Thread: Article: Cybercrime Doubles

Article: Cybercrime Doubles

Computer crime in Australia has doubled in three years and now outstrips the United States. Ouch! Read the article here.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

thats a bogus article put out by a security consultion firm. personally i don't count viruses and laptop theft as part of cyber crime.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

thats a bogus article put out by a security consultion firm. personally i don't count viruses and laptop theft as part of cyber crime.
    Interesting...what makes you say that they're bogus?
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

some survey, 500 requests for information only 95 replies and then they exterpolate it out to the many thousands of business in Aussi.. hmmm yep "lies, dambed lies and statistics"..
    If I was one of the companies approached I wouldn't be letting on that I had even been touched, let alone how much it cost my company. and the information came from a computer security company, it could only be marketing BS, to bolster their standing or scare the **** out of some prospects for their services..

be very cautious of surveys, who is paying for it, wording of the questions, what is the point they are trying to prove etc...

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr