Thread: locking windows xp

Question locking windows xp

Hi all,

I have this little problem. I'm using windows XP pro. I've set it that when I'm not using my computer for about ten minutes the screensaver pops up. When returning back, password has to be insert. I also used SETI - so the screensaver was SETI. Now I've deinstalled SETI so there is no screensaver right now. When I'm not working on computer it skips screensaver and locks. Problem is that when I'm trying to insert the password time to time I get wrong password msg. I mean that 15 times is everything ok but then, for some strange reason, there is no way to input correct password. (I was typing it VERY slowly) - I'm sure that I'm typing the right one. Any suggestions?
    http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]

Banned
    Welcome to Windows! Home of Bugs and ****ed up Os's Everywhere! I seriously on't know what to say though except to check the pwd file. I'm not good with xp so Next person!.......

Yet another SETI victim. I guess you could try installing and uninstalling SETI. Maybe something got screwed up when you uninstalled it.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Don’t forget to try doing a roll back.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

double check your SETI configuration and if it still causes problems do a fresh install.