Thread: Security on the web

Security on the web

I've been messing around with computers most of my life, so I have about 12 years of experience, most of which I have acquired in the last 2 years. I know I will probably get flamed for not running Linux or another equally popular and powerful OS, but, well, it's a family computer, and sadly, I'm the only one with any experience in anything besides solitaire.

Down to the question, I have been trying for months to find some good text's or 'zines on keeping yourself anonymous on the web, but sadly, there's not any that I have found, definately none published in the past 2-3 years, which I would like so that I feel safer. Any help would be very greatly appreciated. I don't spend much time on here yet, but I think that'll be changing soon.

I can also be contacted on AIM at Eyeamspongebob, if you'd rather talk that way.

like sonic says you need a proxy, some ISP's provide special services where you can use their proxies wich is better then multiproxy because it runs faster.
    But using proxies also can be a bitch at some point, some sites won't run and your connection will become really slow.

Thanks for the info, but can I connect and disconnect from a proxy at my will, or do I have to stay on it constantly?

well.. IE.. has an option if u wanna browze with your existing connection or if u wanna use a proxy.. and u can activate that and de-activate it..

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    a proxy server is what you are looking for. Just remember, there is no such thing as being truly anonymous on the web...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

goto www.multiproxy.org. I believe it should help you

There has just been a cool post in the Tutorials Forum about Anonymity. I'd link you, but, ah, I'm lazy, sorry. It was posted by s0nic I believe!

Please have a look on JAP (Java Anon Proxy).
    monoton