I must say, you people must think that I just love the page file of Windows.. I mean, two posts on it going... neway, this is different.. I swear it is.... if you don't believe me, stop reading....

I was just reading a techrepublic article, on Setting up a New PC , and I notice this which I thought was, just a bit off... NOTE: You need to be a member to view the article

5. Configure adequate paging files
For each partition on your system, you should set up a separate paging file. On the Internet, there are all kinds of formulae for calculating paging file sizes, but I usually use the formula: physical RAM X 2 + 128. Using this formula, a machine with 256 MB of RAM would need a paging file of 640 MB per partition.
Now, when I look at that formula, I go hmmmm... 'the more RAM I have.. the larger a page file I need'...

I just don't think that sounds right... I mean, following their formula, the PC I'm planning to build would require a 2176MB Page file, for each partition..

I mean, if the amount of RAM goes up, shouldn't the size of the page file decrease?...

Am I wrong in thinking this, or is this author just a nutter?