Thread: nonspecific, undated and unverified information

Thumbs down nonspecific, undated and unverified information

Good day all,

Just looking through my news sites today, and of course this news alert comes up at the top of www.drudgereport.com

Check it out here too:http://www.msnbc.com/news/755454.asp?0cm=c30

I would just like to get some opinions, because I am pretty biased(I was in the pentagon during the attacks)

Do these wonderful 'alerts' 'warnings' what have you, frighten you? Anger you?
    Your thoughts are appreciated.

AS for my opinion, Ashcroft and his cronies can just STFU. Unless they have something substantial to say, then don't say it. All these warnings do is cover their collective asses if something God awful does happen. And this is not because of the the recent 'revelation' (LOL) that the FBI/CIA/Whitehouse had warnings. (Side note: the govt. gets warnings every day, this is how life is. If there were going to make a big deal everytime some terrorist organization said they were going to hijack a plane, we would have total chaos)

I think its time they just bolster they security, without tell everyone that apartments are the next target, and that car bombs(really? no **** sherlock) might be used next. Are we going to go through this every holiday now?

Ok I'm ranting now, forgive me.

Your opinions?

Thank you kindly
    Tachyon

|-----|Alcohol is my anti-drug |-----|

Don't get me started...
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

My apologies,

Well its quiting time, I hope to see some more opinions when I get home.

Good day and stay safe
    Tachyon

I think when they name specific geographics locations all security efforts are poured upon only that place while in reality security everywhere should be stepped up with these security warnings. While there is a secific threat against New York right now, people in San Francisco and the bay area should be just as worried. And you think detainees locked in Cuba are going to tell the entire truth and place where their fellow people are going to attack? It's hard to believe and our efforts cannot be poured into just one place or even one landmark for that matter. Just my thoughts...

This is from CNN.. this looks scarier than what MSNBC is reporting...

"Citing an "abundance of caution," FBI alerts NYC authorities to be ready for possible terror attacks against landmarks, sources tell CNN. Details soon. "

-Absolut
    Regards,
    Absolut

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I think the warnings are just a way to make the public think that they actually have some clue as to what the hell they are doing, when they are really walking blindfolded....I just ignore them.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Trying to sum up all the treats aginst an entire country into a color is retarded.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

True,

By summing up my safety and my families safety in a color is retarded.

Anyway, like absolut said, the next attack won't be on some holiday on NYC or DC, it will be on some abscure date(like sept 11th was) on some other location(Chicago, LA, Florida) And Ashcroft will be the first to say I told you so.

My friend and I used to play this stupid game to annoy other passengers in the car. We'd be at a red light, and no matter how long or short we had been waiting, we would both be saying "The lights going to turn green......now, no now, no 3....2....1... now, riiiiiight now" until of course the light would turn green and we'd say "See told ya, we must be freaking psychic"

Why do I feel like the govt. is playing this immature game I used to play when I was 6?
    Tachyon