Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowledge

Knowledge

" Hacking is the art of using your knowledge to gain more knowledge "

What do you say about that...?
    ..Here I go and never will return.....

It is wrong to obtain knowlege that way. What about the issues of privacy? People who hack for knowlege are cheating, there is so much out there that can be accessed without breaking any laws.If they really want to learn there are better ways of doing it.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

I don't want to be rude but who sayd anything about breacking laws or this kind of stuf
    And hacking is knowledge...

"may the Force be with you"

Originally posted here by lostit44
    It is wrong to obtain knowlege that way. What about the issues of privacy? People who hack for knowlege are cheating, there is so much out there that can be accessed without breaking any laws.If they really want to learn there are better ways of doing it.
    lol, like bizaro said, where does breaking laws and invading privacy come in here? he's just trying to push the boundry's of what is defined as "hacking".

by his definition, i would be hacking if i used my knoledge of programming to solve a problem for me. that way i would gain the knoledge of the answer through my knoledge of programming.

now, as for the topic itself:
    i like that definition, as it includes the curent idea of hacking as well as broadening it. think about it, with each current-day hack, one would gain some knoledge, weather it be technique(what usually works and what doesnt) or whatever, there is always going to be some knoledge gain.

for anybody who would slam me anti-points wise for this, a hack need not be illegal. that is all.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

hacking is hacking... if u break the law ur a criminal... if don't break the law ur not... but u can in theory still be a hacker. u can be a carpenter and hacker, even if u don't know anything about computers... hacking is an ideology... what we computer ppl add to the hackers ethics when using it with computers is the nethics (or also known as the netiquette, if that's how it's spelled :P )
    so to make a long story short (yea I know it's too late ): BiZaRo: ur definition of hacking is actually quite good. the funny thing is... u can also hack without being a hacker... just like u can smoke pot without being a hippie :P bad example but still
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

How should others be able to learn, or hold knowlege, we cannot? after all we are all supposedly equals. Hacking has gotten a bad name, as you all should know, its not to do wiht sub7, spyware or cracking, but outsmarting teh ppl who try to contain the knowlege from"us" and i dont use teh term us as hackers but you aswell.

Bear wiht me im going on a rant!::
    The devil was once meant to hold somthing that goD couldnt give us, if all teh things in the commandments are bad, why? why should it be possible to break thouse rules if we so shall wish, after all we all have our own capacity for reason, and to learn or experience new things. is the only rules their for god to look over his flock, and give him a feeling of self worth because of the fact he knows more than us.

I know its a bad example i have no need to strike down a fellow man or to commit adultery, but as any scientist would tell you some rules can be broken, and why should any adult need rules to keep inline, i know that some ppl break severe rules like murder rape, and those ppl should nt be tolerated, but hackers act to learn and better themselves, even teenagers rebel agianst some for of oppression and that is also alone teh same lines as.
    My point
    The sufferagettes rebelled against oppression and a set of rules given to them by men, not women, how should they comform to a set of rules, they dont agree wiht and that is unfair for their communtiy, a rule set to oppress them.

im not a sadist, or a man hater, iam a man everything said was to explain things hte way i see it.

preep
    {did i make any sense?}
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

preep: are u saying it's ok to break the law if ur just trying to learn? that's bullsh*t! there's nearly always another way to learn the same thing without being thrown in jail for it... if u don't respect the laws u will eventually be jailed and then u wont learn anything anymore. Laws can be really *****ed up and lame sometimes but breaking them wont correct them, if u wanna change the legal system go into politics or join some serious internet communities knowledge belongs to us all, yes, but so does the right for a civilized world... and a world where ppl say "***** the law!" will never be civilized.
    btw. r u an anarchist? kinda sounds like it.
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

nope not at all
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

I like your ideas
    Great minds...
    But I don't support breacking the law
    I support free minds and the race for knowledge

Are you talking about laws? And what if you're "legally" hacked by orgs i don't need to name? Have laws any sense in that case? They're trying to control our existence, Don't forget it! Not by the Net, but other media, like personal chips or "human-gps". If they do all these things, do you really think they deserve our respect?