Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dot kids

Thumbs up dot kids

The latest from The Washington Post on the creation
    of a separate internet domain for kids.

prolly shoulda been done long ago.
    does this mean that all the wannabe crackers
    will stop coming here?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

nope still gonna get the wannabe crcakers and the how do I hack hotmail kiddies to...

The whole .kids.us domain thing is getting new light because of http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=228453 Now, as some already know, this .kids.us is designed to provide kind with a safe haven on the Internet. some have even suggested that parents could install software that would block out websites that are NOT part of the .kids.us domain. Is this a solution that's giong to work. I say no, for a couple reasons.

1. Under the new bill, ISP's and conten providers are required to make sure that .kids.us sites have appropriate content. I'm sure however, that some nasty sites are gonna slip though the cracks.

2. What's to stop kids from cracking the blocking software you install on the box???

Just my .02

----------------------------

2. What's to stop kids from cracking the blocking software you install on the box???

If they do get threw there's no one to blame but the parents for that. they can't blame the behavior or their rotten kinds on the general internet anymore.

if a so called parent claims they don't know enough about computers to keep their kids from getting in trouble then they had no right allowing their spawn unrestricted access to it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by Tedob1

If they do get threw there's no one to blame but the parents for that. they can't blame the behavior or their rotten kinds on the general internet anymore.

if a so called parent claims they don't know enough about computers to keep their kids from getting in trouble then they had no right allowing their spawn unrestricted access to it.
    I agree with you there Tedob1. We have to educate people somehow to help avoid these kinds of problems

You know, I think it's a good idea to create the domain, so long as proper regulatory agencies exist to make sure it isn't abused... say by some sickos who put inappropriate materials on it, or register names as .kids where the prefix implies something disgusting, like priests.love.kids or something.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I think its a good idea also.. All it needs is one sicko though like terr said. I think if they made an agency in charge of it and made it mandatory to upload a page thru the agency so they could check it that may take care of it. But I doubt anyone would waste their time building an agency like that.

I think it would be nearly impossible to have any agencies manage to keep up with the amount of sickos on the internet. It would require millions of dollars. Every security measure would be under attack 24/7. The best defence is knowledge and watching what your kids are watching. The bottom line .... it may work for most but it will not be infallible, some will get through and I don't think any agency will invest the kind of time and money into making it work.

i was wondering why perents can't juz wach there kids?

now if they could give .kid an exclusive ip range to use that would simplify restricting access on kids alot. government agencies could focus their attention theire and parents could form watch groups. it would be a profitable place for child oriented manufacturers/suppliers to set up sites geared towared educating the parent in the ways of the internet. if a child can penetrate the barriers into the outside net, chances are she/he will be smart enough to handle what they find their. i think its a great idea
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”