Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NewWorldProtocol Server#1 Online!!!

Banned

NewWorldProtocol Server#1 Online!!!

Thats right, Server #1 of the NWP Wargames Project is online! Also, we're still working on it, but our site is up as well! Check out the site at http://www.newworldprotocol.cjb.net and Also here's server#1 info so you can start hacking away and start patching holes, trying tah get root, and jus practice ur skills on!

Server #1- FreeBSD 4.5
    IP- 207.233.102.53

Have a Happy Hackering and Remember to Patch Holes, Get Root, Make Files, and Keep Others Out! Remember to also practice your hacking skills on it! Email me when ya got root so you can get credit for it or find the file .NewWorldProtocolCredit and send me what the text inside of it is. Thanks!

JRoc u should try moving your site to www.demented.org -> they have a free hosting scheme with no banners/pop-ups
    only prob is no php/mySQL installed but ain't bad for free

v_Ln

Banned
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will, however, reject because in about two weeks, we will be having a .com or .net domain. So no sense in switching when we get domain in like two weeks. Thanks though I might use that for smaller sites or big ones even! Thanks tho man...

California State University Network (NETBLK-CSUNET-NS0) CSUNET-NS0
    207.233.0.0 - 207.233.127.255
    Victor Valley Community College (NETBLK-CSU-VVCC) CSU-VVCC
    207.233.102.0 - 207.233.102.255

a community college welcoming hackers?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

yep......outside firewall so its not a big ass gapping hole to the campus
    Used for the unix admin and intro to unix classes.....
    What better way to teach security than to offer an A to to who ever can crack it?
    I toor\'d YOU!

interesting. is this put their by the school for use by its students only, is covering your tracks recomended? or can anybody play?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    The NWP server that is setup at the colledge was because a student asked a head of the school permission to setup and use one of their servers for his buisness. That's NWP Server #1! Btw, first person to get root or get the .NewWorldProtocolCredit File, becomes the "owner" of the machine. Or basically the "Compromiser"

JRoc hmmmmm but it would be nice to have sort of assurance that this is the case.
    some of the older members will remember a certain someone who claimed something similar and all was not as it seemed - earned him a perm-ban from the site as well as other things.....

v_Ln

Banned
    I would be happy to give assurance as I did not know it was this big a case. However, I will be in touch with the servers to maintain our licence with them. Please tell me a way to give assurance to everyone. Thanks!

perhaps a contact address for the ownder of the server?
    and not a @yahoo or @hotmail type addy a proper CS Uni Address so we know it official - something like that anyways
    perhaps someone else can think of a better way to verify?
    soz to be so cautious JRoc but u can understand?

v_Ln