Record # of users on at one time
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record # of users on at one time

Webius Designerous Indiginous

Record # of users on at one time

I noticed this on another forum...

They had a place where it said how many people they have had on at one time and what date it was.. kinda like a record type thingy..

We have alot more members then they do.. So why not under user currently on, put

record: 320 Users at one time on Date here

What do ya think
    Share on Google+

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Hrmmm, not a bad idea.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]
    Share on Google+

Yeah, a graph could be drawn about the number of users/guests online. And # of users in the IRC. Maybe the graph could also include number of new threads and posts on that day. But that would have to be a daily graph, the "users online" could be drawn every 15 minutes or something.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25
    Share on Google+

There has been alot of suggestions like this in the past but mainly dealing with most downloads, most sign ons, most sign offs, ect ect...

Why not one for longest members that have posted in the last 10 days ?
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..
    Share on Google+

str34m3r
    I would definitely enjoy the number of users online and number of posts per hour graphs. I've been here a few months, and maybe I'm slow, but I still haven't totally figured out when the busy hours around here are. I've thought I had it figured out a few times, but it seems to be irregular. If there was a graph of it, it's be a whole lot easier to see.
    Share on Google+

Not a bad idea but you just know that if it is implemented somebody will try to get all members to log in at the one time (just to see a big number there) and all that traffic will cause the server to crash (maybe) and thus annoy alot of people (not least JP).

Remember Noble_Hamlets "Worlds longest thread", everybody was all for it at the begining but then it just got annoying, now if you try to reopen it you'd better be wearing a flame proof suit.

Then again I might be completely wrong (I might be seeing the glass as being half empty) and so feel free to completely ignore this post if you so wish
    live life, don\'t just endure it
    Share on Google+

hmmmm.. crash the new sun... interesting concept... /me begins planning...
    [evil laugh here]MUAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahah[/evil laugh here]

lol.. just kidding
    Share on Google+

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Not a bad idea. It isn't a necessity, but it could be kinda interesting. I don't care for the graph idea though. That would mean more graphics to download. Besides, it could get pretty out of had at times.

I would like to see how many users are on irc at the time though. And maybe a page that shows the current users on IRC. I know at one point it was going to be set up, but there were problems with the nick server. Maybe a page that just showed the names of the people logged in at the time would work though. Even if the users don't authenticate themselvs. That way I could tell when someone was trying to impersonate me
    Like anyone could really pull that off....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman
    Share on Google+

Nice idea but, what's the point? Will it actually make the site better, faster...etc?

AntiOnline dynamically created this page for you in 0.222773 seconds : 57 queries executed
    Although, it would be a really cool feature.
    Share on Google+

w00t!... Thanks JP... my suggestion HAS been added.. Thread closed... heh....
    Share on Google+