C++ Network Programming

Thread: C++ Network Programming

C++ Network Programming

I am looking at a carrer in Network Security after highschool, but I don't know how to program for networks. I would like to learn how the basics of backdoors, trojans, worms etc, and how they are coded. Don't get me wrong I don't want to make one but along the lines of those, I don't know the right term for it though, I guess it would be programming with protocols or something like that. Not to sure, could someone post some links to tutorials on Network Programming thanks.
    Sitting Duck Security check it out

(All right, all right, you guys talked me into it, I will just learn PHP instead of using ASP.)

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    look for socket programming.. Sockets are what allows a program to establish a connection..

Hope that helps.

Exactly, thanks time for google.
    Sitting Duck Security check it out

(All right, all right, you guys talked me into it, I will just learn PHP instead of using ASP.)

This should get you started. May the source be with you .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

I found socket programming in Unix to be very easy (started after I mastered the basics of the C language). I imagine C++ socket programing is very similiar to C socket programing. Also recommend visiting your local book store and browsing advance programming books for the OS you want to code on.
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

I have a cool tutorial on C++ sockets programming. See the attachment
    (I didn't write it )