Packet Virus

Thread: Packet Virus

Question Packet Virus

Please don't flame me for this it is just a theory and I would like to get opinions from people who know more then me. Would it be possible to create a virus that attaches itself to packets being sent to and from computers? If so wouldn't this be an extreamly dangerous virus?
    Sitting Duck Security check it out

(All right, all right, you guys talked me into it, I will just learn PHP instead of using ASP.)

well it would be exactly like any virus..

You should really read up on packets before you ask such things... See, a single packet isn't big enough to carry ANY code... Its only when they're merged back together on the other end, and sending a virus in multiple packets is the way it usually works anyway
    WE ARE the anti cancer...
    WE ARE the only answer...
    email

Yeah, having a 'virus on packets' is sort of like trying to spread novel in the margins of a series of postcards...

Basic answer: No. Even if you could send the actual information comprising viral activity, at the other end it wouldn't be interpreted that way.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    I had an idea like that ounce but mine was a trojan horse, like when a system is compramised on the back bone of a network, a sniffer is employed, and the packets that comethrough are encoded with the daemon. Good idea but not possible with the current form the internet works.

I think that's too much TV for you.
    WE ARE the anti cancer...
    WE ARE the only answer...
    email

Banned
    i agree with feind.... TV screws with your mind. lol