Thread: Nigerian's

Nigerian's

If I remeber correctly someone yesterday mentioned about receiving those stupid e-mails about soandso's husband in jail, take our money etc.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/25394.html

South African police have arrested six West Africans, allegedly members of a 419 email fraud gang which is thought to have conned hundreds of millions of pounds out of their victims, according to this report

=)
    Tachyon

|-----|Alcohol is my anti-drug |-----|

That (hopefully) puts an end to the Nigerian scam artist problem.
    I still receive those kinda e-mails daily about some guy named Bongo who wants me to invest blablabla

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    That was a good idea. Too bad they didnt live in America they might have gotten away with it.
    Bongo huh? Sounds like my old 'mentor' BONG
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Given the number of these types of E-mails (and snail mails) that were coming out of Nigeria, I have to believe there is more than 6 people involved (a lot more). I don't think this will stop this scam quite yet.

Cheers:
    DjM

Just amazed me that they ever made money out of it.... or are there really people who believe gullible has been taken out of the dictionary?
    Who Cares Wins

I think a lot of people have grabbed the scam and run with it. It's practically a known urban-legend by now. I don't think the people who originated it the only ones who've used it.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Unfortunetly there are people who dream of getting rich quick. Ive gotten those e-mails from all kinds of names so chances are there is a whole lot of scammers out there. I just delete them as soon as I get them.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Originally posted here by Terr
    I think a lot of people have grabbed the scam and run with it. It's practically a known urban-legend by now. I don't think the people who originated it the only ones who've used it.
    As Terr mentioned, a lot of people seem to use this scam for their own purposes. Here's a new twist that has started to circulate this morning.

WASHINGTON (AP) --A new e-mail scam from a purported American "Special Forces Commando" in Afghanistan who needs help getting terrorist drug money out of the country is making the rounds on the Internet.
    The rest of the article can be found HERE

Cheers:
    DjM