Thread: brutalware network problems, plz help

Angry brutalware network problems, plz help

hey, i last wrote "trouble wiht lan setings in linux"

i keep getting network unreachable, when i try to ping 209.9.44.215 (which is mainsource at pull the plug) but when i ping 127.0.0.1 it gives me a reply.

i have to run netinit, as brutalware lacks,and tells me i have to setup my network manually, so i use a script called doma (which is supplied on the 3rd floppy) but it comes up wiht an error in eth0, iam using broadband wiht a cable modem, and i read somewhere, that i might have to use eth1 for that, no a clue im afraid.

i got the rtl8139.c driver but cant compile it, instmod tells me its not an object file, and i dunno where the hell GCC is.

any ideas?
    damn it this distro is taunting me!

preep

Check their hardware compatability list. It may be your nic card. Even without a nic you can ping your local host. Just a thought. Some nic cards won't work if they're some minor brand.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

it tels me its their in /proc/pci tells me its irq 11, and that its a realtec.

preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    No clue. Sounds like you may be initializing the modem wrong. Maybe your ipconf is messed up or something. No access to the gateway. It does look like linux recognizes your modem though.

Thats the problem with running things like brutalware linux. Noone knows it, so its hard to get good help. Are you running any xserver? KDE or Gnome? If so, check the network config tools in their and make sure everything looks right.

You can also try moving your nic to eth1 instead of eth0, if you think that might help....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

how would i do that soule?, im not running any gui, only command line
    yeah it says summin that etherenet uses eth0 and broadband wiht a cable modem is eth1, only if there were a little more help files for brutalware, id be up and going.

would i get this prob when i eventually swich to a bigger distro?
    preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html