Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Password Cracker

Scorp666 the last time i got john the word list sucked. musta been i got unlucky or you got lucky. i think i got mine from a link on packet storm but i might be wrong.

just went and followed the link to http://www.openwall.com/john/

attached is the lst file
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

tinycrack is good to im not sure but if i remember you can get a windoze version but i know of some goodies in the HDC archive but if you really wanted to have some fun and not many limitations just install linux cause most distros come with a cracker in one form or anther
    it cant rain every day

remember if the passdw file is shadowed, their wont be an encrytion to crack
    in red hat:
    /etc/passwd`s output is `x` for the passwd
    is covered by /etc/shadow
    and i think teh hosts is shadowed too

preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

John the Tripper's got a cool option to combine dictionaries. . .I thought it made it kinda easy to make a good wordlist, just have to download a shitload of ready-made wordlists off the net, too bad no graphiX proggie can turn a pic into a plain text file, then it be f*kin' cake. . . btw if anyone DOES know of a way to turn a scan of text into a plain text file, you rock!!!. . .and tell us HOW.

d313t3d the ocr software that comes with scanners does a pretty good job. at work thay scan faxs to workable text files and the only thing that dosn't get converted is a badly written signiture. the software came with a 99 dollar scanner. if you need the name you'll have to wait until tuesday.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”