Thread: Newbie help

Newbie help

hey does anyone know how to break into a windows machine on the internet if the IP address is known and let you gain full access to it remotely. More specifically

Knowing the IP address of a machine:

1) how do you know what type of OS it is running?
    2) how do you break into it and place some program on that machine which record the keystrokes and send it back to your machine. Exactly how do you break in through an open port? Everyone said to scan for open port yet I cant find any info on how to exactly break in via an open port.

I been testing it with my 2 pc just for fun/hobby, and had no luck. Any help is appreicated, thank you.

A Newbie

Banned
    1. Check the OS by places like netscan.com or whatever it was or by getting Program such as Internet Addict.

2. After port scanning, learn the service that port is using and search google.com for ways to exploit that service. (ex. Port 139 you'd search google for a NetBIOS Exploit and a way to exploit it)

Hope I helped. If I didn't pm some people with the question for some better results. BTW- The keylogger thing, jus download a keylogger program. Again, use google.com to search for it. You'll find google a big help when it comes to learning exploits and such

Knowing the IP address of a machine:

1) how do you know what type of OS it is running?
    2) how do you break into it and place some program on that machine which record the keystrokes and send it back to your machine. Exactly how do you break in through an open port? Everyone said to scan for open port yet I cant find any info on how to exactly break in via an open port.
    1) Once you've done a scan and found the open ports, you try and probe the ports and see what info you get back that could tell you about the OS. For example if ports 137, 138 and 139 are open, it's a safe bet that you've found a windows box. Also if port 80 is open, it's probably running a web server so try and grab a HTTP header. If it's running Apache it's probably a *nix box, if it's running IIS it's a Win* box. This is just for example. There are many ways that you can try to find out the OS a box is running.

2) Once you've found an open port you have to establish the service/version (program) serving requests from that port. Once you know this you have to find a way of exploiting the service's particular characteristics. This is the tricky part and there's no "one hack works for all" method. You have to explore and find out yourself. This is where hacking becomes an art form.

Note: Accessing a computer without the owner's permission is illegal just about everywhere. If you're planning to use this information to break into someone else's computer take some advice: DON'T. If you're asking questions like this, you don't know enough not to get caught. Try hacking your friends computers (with their permission of course). This is how you can learn heaps of cool things and learning is what it's all about.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Banned
    Or be like me and just have two boxes that you practice on! I gave myself plenty o permission to hack the other box Yeah, but I practice hacking on my other box to where I secure it like the presidents house. I secure it then try to hack it! I also let my friends secure it and shite. Good practice tho.. The friend idea will definitely work.

Thanks for the replies! To clarify, i have no intention of hacking anyone else but my own PC just for fun. Anyway I tried to scan my windows box and got:

137, 138, 139 ports open with services netbios-ns netbios-dgm netbios-ssn. I tried searching through google but not getting anything useful. Does anyone know where I can find some update info on port vulnerabilities for various ports? Thanks again.

Weird...when I tried searching with google, I got heaps of info on netbios exploits. The Internet must be playing up again .

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ok+%2Btutorial
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.