Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Trojan Scanner is the best?

damn b! you gotta love the one from moosoft, its gotta be one of the best ones! but aside form that note, i'd suggest a good virus scanner as well (i.e. mcafee or umm norton)

I've got Kazza 1.7, but it's Kazaa Media desktop, anyone know if this one's got spyware?
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

This might be a stupid question . . . but is it really necessary to run a Trojan Scanner along with your AV? If you have a really good AV program and firewall, isn't that enough?
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I've recently been using Anti-trojan 5.5

identifies all open ports and flags potential and existing trojan ports
    Scans registry, drives and has an autoupdate feature.

shareware $22usd 14 day free trial

and is available in about 15 languages....

www.anti-trojan.net
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Originally posted here by vvirtho
    This might be a stupid question . . . but is it really necessary to run a Trojan Scanner along with your AV? If you have a really good AV program and firewall, isn't that enough?
    I wouldn't run it as a service but I would occasionally run it and scan your system. You can usually set it to scan once a week or so. Trojan scanners cacth things AV progs don't, so to directly answer your question , No.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Hey everyone,to answer your question prankster yes kmd does have a trojan in it.It has the BDE trojan installed ,go download Adware and scan your system to remove it http://www.lavasoft.de.As for KorpDeath's question its up to you but I would use "The cleaner" http://www.moosoft.com/updates.php aswell,but im not sure its really needed if you got AV but its still another layer of protection....
    If l0vε aint å g4mε,thεn h0w c0mε thεrε arε §0 m4ny p|4yεr$?

Well, No, of course it's not needed, but when you wonder how that Trojan got installed on your system, and screws you over, you'll wish you had some sort of Trojan scanner. Hmm...isn't that the number one myth of computer security? "If I have this Antivius program, I don't really need anything else."

Thanks for the info on Trojan Scanners. I do use them - I just don't run them all the time. I am well aware of the dangers of Trojans. If you want a real horror story . . . I could tell you about the time some moron planted one in a text script and how it (along with all the little presents it brought with it) totally messed up my system. I still haven't been able to find full documentation on some of the stuff! Thanks again.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.