Thread: configuring socks proxy

configuring socks proxy

Yo,i just downloaded the sockscapV2 proxy server(from http://www.socks.nec.com) to hide my ip address,I entered the socks server as:12.101.13.202 using port:1080.I went to gibsons site(www.grc.com) to portscan myself to see if it picks up my real ip address and it did.So could someone please help me configure it? thanx.

-Sh4d0wX

Banned
    Hmmm, If you installed the proxy on your own IP then it will alway show your own IP since it is running on your system....

lol,i dunno im new to this stuff,I thought if i installed the proxy server it would use the servers ip that i entered and not mine?.I dunno im new to this stuff so how can i use that socks proxy to hide my ip address?.

-Sh4d0wX

I recommand using a remote port 1080 proxy. You can scan some with Proxyhunter... Of course are you trying to conceal your identity? Cause if you plan on using that connection for important stuff (aka private) well the proxy peeps could intercept your communications and that would be even worse then letting someone know your IP...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

lol,no im just paranoid.Does anyone know of a proxy that doesent log?

-Sh4d0wX

Banned
    what you have done is installed a proxy SERVER on your system. which means, other systems can use YOUR system as a proxy. if you want to hide your ip use a system that has a proxy server. so basicly you are setting yourself as a proxy for other people to access and use.

- [blackh0le]

heh,thanks blackhole.If it wasent for you I would be there forever trying to figure out that damn proxy.

-Sh4d0wX
    If l0vε aint å g4mε,thεn h0w c0mε thεrε arε §0 m4ny p|4yεr$?

Ok let me give you a list of proxys, I am not sure ANY of those still work but you can check them with Proxyhunter (look for it on google)

Socks proxies tend to come and go (Most of them are security holes in poorly configured systems...)

Port 1080
    http://tools.rosinstrument.com/proxy/1080.htm

http://m3.easyspace.com/freeproxy/win-tel-socks.html

I think you need to read further on Socks and proxies before messing with that stuff cause it pauses some legal issues when you use someone's computer without their consent

Maybe just don't hack when you use it
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Ok thanx,Ill check those links out later.

-Sh4d0wX
    If l0vε aint å g4mε,thεn h0w c0mε thεrε arε §0 m4ny p|4yεr$?