tripwire and a cool poster

Thread: tripwire and a cool poster

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar

tripwire and a cool poster

I thought this was posted before, but I couldn't find it when I searched for tripwire.

A lot of people know what tripwire is, but hey, who couldn't use a free poster. Go to critter.tripwire.com and fill out the form. They will send you a small cd of product details and the "Common Security Exploits and Vulnerability Matrix v2.0" poster.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

AntiOnline Newbie
    The poster is great, I have used it to explain vulnerabilities to company execs who had no idea what I was talking about. Giving them something visual seemed to help some - and its free!

Most execs couldn't find their ass if you didn't hand them a mirror. They NEED visualization...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

As soon as the page loads I'll get one. Thanks souleman.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Some of you have probably seen a problem with their site when you log in as a guest. My code isn't working properly right now either. I have tried contacting them and I am just waiting on a reply. I will let you know what is happening. If the site does start working for someone before I repost in here, would you let everyone else know. I know a couple people that are just waiting to see what tripwire tells me...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

it works but on DSL it takes a few minutes and to download the posters just save the pdf. Worked for me but took almost 10 minutes
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

I have the older one in PDF, and the file was big. The problem we were having was that it would give you an error when you tried to log in. You can fill out their form, and they will mail you an actual poster, not just the PDF file.

It sounds like it may be fixed. I will look at it...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

It's working now. I guess I wait to see if I get it. cheers.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson