Marijuana and The Straight Edge
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana and The Straight Edge

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Red face Marijuana and The Straight Edge

Why is it that Marijuana smokers are looked down upon. I have been the target of multipule attacks on my intellect, simply based on the fact that I smoke Marijuana. I understand that people have their pre-determined notations about things, but once someone has been educated on the facts, they really have no excuse for their ignorance. In fact, that makes it stupidity.

So you look at me and my kind as slackers, no-goals, and no intellect. No comman sence and no-good for anything but warming the couch. Thats fine, to be honest thats what it can be come. Easily. However, when used in a responsible manner, and not too much, I think it is a good thing.

You have to look at society. We are a drug society. We have drugs for everything. And Everything has drugs. Meaning a Dr will perscribe you a drug for whatever is wrong.Well we have people that have severe stress, and My gawd....marijuana is by far the greatest stress reliver next to sex. What? Its Illegal? Well would you rather take Depekote, or Paxil, what about Prozac? Have you taken a look at the side effects on these drugs? I suggest you do. People put far to much trust in the FDA. Remember the Phen-Fen ordeal?

Frequent - Prozac (Fluoxetine) Side Effects

Allergic or Toxic: Rash, Pruritus (skin inflammation).
    Neurological: Headache, Tremor, Dizziness, Asthenia.
    Behavioral: Insomnia, Anxiety, Nervousness, Agitation, Abnormal dreams, Drowsiness and fatigue.
    Autonomic: Excessive sweating
    Gastrointestinal: Nausea, Disturbances of appetite, Diarrhea.
    Respiratory: Bronchitis, Rhinitis (inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes), Yawn.
    Endocrine: Weight loss.
    Musculoskeletal: Muscle pain, Back pain, Joint pain.
    Urogenital: Painful menstruation, Sexual dysfunction, Urinary tract infection, Frequent micturition.
    Miscellaneous: Chills

To name a few......
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Thumbs up

What about the RITALIN scandal?
    They're giving these amphetamines
    to kids without any real knowledge
    of what it does to you emotionally.

I've used amphetamines and I know
    they can cause depression and
    psychosis.

Iwish we could feed this stuff to the
    doctors so they could a clue about
    how it makes you feel.

When they prescribe it, it is medication
    but when you prescribe it to yourself, it
    becomes dope.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

i must agree...i mean i dont want to sound full of myself, but i consider myself to be of fairly high inteligence(definatly way above most people i know). the mere fact that i enjoy smoking a litle marijuana once in a while(usually a long while) does not effect me in any visible way, other than relaxing a bit and sitting arround giggling and eating for a while(heh).

on the other hand, i do love that my apearance looks so much like a typical burn-out compaired to all the "trendy" idiots my age(OMG! YOU MEAN YOUR 19 AND HAVE LONG HAIR AND A BEARD?!?!?!), then when sombody talks to me i am just about as oposite as one could get from a burn-out. its fun to mess with people's expectations :-D
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Originally posted here by rcgreen
    What about the RITALIN scandal?
    They're giving these amphetamines
    to kids without any real knowledge
    of what it does to you emotionally.

I've used amphetamines and I know
    they can cause depression and
    psychosis.

Iwish we could feed this stuff to the
    doctors so they could a clue about
    how it makes you feel.

When they prescribe it, it is medication
    but when you prescribe it to yourself, it
    becomes dope.
    In Holland Ritaline has been proven to have the same effects as coke, just grind the pills into powder and you're ready to go.

if you really want to do something, do it. There’s no reason i can see why you have to explain your actions to anyone. unless of course, that’s why you do it.

im glad the sale of drugs is illegal, although I don’t think their use should be a crime. if they weren’t illegal to sell, many of us wouldn't make it. The way it is now, if you get yourself strung out, you can change people, places and things and somehow manage to get yourself straightened out. if they were readily available there’d be no way to stop.

You can ask,what does this have to do with smoking pot but let me ask you, would you have considered dropping acid before you ever smoked pot? You must know most street acid contains speed, and I know from 1st hand experience Houston is like the crank capitol of the world. Not to mention Mexican brown. Know any speed freaks?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Yeah, I used to go to alot of Rave Parties, so yes I knew alot of speed freaks, acid heads, and a few junkies aswell. To answer your other question, No I didnt even think about dropping acid before I smoked pot. But I'll tell you like this. I never concidered smoking pot before I got drunk with my cousin. And prior to that, I would have never conciedered drinking before I smoked a cigarette. So I think if our Government was so concerned with "gateway drugs" they wouldnt spoon feed them to us our whole life, through media, advertising, and social pressures.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

personally i don't think its a governments place to be concerned with gateway drugs, these are all personal choices. all im saying is be careful, one thing can lead to another. if you catch a jones, you can shake the drugs but it'll be with ya everyday of your life. your a nice guy and id hate to see that happen to you.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

well no i wouldnt have considered droping acid before i smoked pot, but i also wouldnt do it now. i tried 1 "hard" drug once, and that was enough for me to know that its just not for me. thats right, 1 hit of E was plenty to show me i didnt need to touch ANY hard drugs...besides, the whole "seeing things that arent there" thing never really apealed to me. i really think the whole "gateway drug" arguement is quite flawed.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

GreekGoddess
    Until something like that becomes 'legal' and doctors are prescribing it for you, people are going to look at you that way. It's like rcgreen said: when they prescribe it, it's medication, when you prescribe to it, it's dope. It's by no means a judge of intellect, can't fry any more braincells or whatnot than one too many drinks. But the raving drunk is more acceptable than is the high dude.

If it were as common as alcohol and everyone had it, it wouldn't be looked at like that.

Meaning a Dr will perscribe you a drug for whatever is wrong.Well we have people that have severe stress, and My gawd....marijuana is by far the greatest stress reliver next to sex. What? Its Illegal? Well would you rather take Depekote, or Paxil, what about Prozac?
    Now I'm pissed off.

I take Paxil on a daily basis, and I would like to explain to those of you who are interested in facts what it does, and why it is necessary for some of us to take this drug.

It is an SSRI, which for those of you who don't know (Dr Toker) is a selective seretonin reuptake inhibitor. What this means is that my body creates WAY too much seretonin. I can't control that. The effects of this are feelings of extreme and uncontrollable fear, anxiety, and depression. It is a debilitating illness in some, and a pain in the butt to others. The effects of this are numerous, and vary from person to person. Some of them are : heart palpitations, extreme sweating, inability to complete daily tasks, difficulty breathing, shaking, nausea, the inability to leave your home, suicidal thoughts and many other symptoms. It is used to treat depression, GAD, SAD, OCD, and panic attacks.

Some of you may be lucky enough never to have experienced any of these things in your life. However, not everyone is that lucky. There is no difference in the fact that my body makes too much seretonin than in those who have diabetes, and have to take a pill to control their insulin, or people with high blood pressure who have to take a pill to control that. It's not "stress" that I suffer from, nor is it something recreational drug use has any effect on, except perhaps to worsen the symptoms.

Please do not compare my illness and need for medication with your illicit drug use. You make your decisions on what to do, and that's fine. But don't make yourself feel better by comparing your drug use to my illness.

If you would like more information on this medicine, or any of these disorders:

http://www.paxil.com/

http://www.paxil.com/ocd/oc_ln.html

http://www.ocfoundation.org/

http://www.adaa.org/

http://www.freedomfromfear.com/

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.