Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netscape 7.0 not worth it...

Op-per-a! Op-per-a!

REAL computer users don't mind banners when the service is worth it.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Opera rocks. No doubt. I'm just not likin' the banners too much. Might actually buy the thing one of these days.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I love Galeon. The tabbed interface is killer and the skins and spinners are wicked. You can make it look like IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Konquerer, or your own look. It has lots of great functions and supports all the Netscape plugins and so on. I tend to use it most. But I also have Opera, Mozilla and a couple of others. It's good to have a few to see what a web page that you are building performs and looks like in different ones. Onlong the lines of the old saying. Browsers are like opinions and as&**holes, Everybody has one............<grin>

I do have to agree on the new Netscape though. AOL has the doo doo touch when it gets its hands on anything. It turns to poopie....................
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Well, You beat me to it P2P. I just put Galeon on my box, and I think I'm going to like it. I like the pop-up and advertising blocking features. Plus, it seems quick enough; at least on my box. I also like the option where you can create a tool bar with your favorite search engines and other stuff on it. Actually, I think Mozilla is good. I think the cookie blocking features are really convenient.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Well, IE sucks... it helps poor web designers design crappy, non-w3c compliant pages. At one point I seem to remember Netscape starting to "enforce" proper code... about that time all the "best viewed with Internet Exploder" seemed to pop up everywhere. M$ once again catering to the level of convenience/kidiot... but Apple proved long ago that by doing so your user base becomes loyal (though I think the real point there is that Apple also QA'd things well enough that, in similiar situation, you wouldn't even be allowed to write non-compliant code... then again, you probably wouldn't have been allowed to do anything but point and click at it in the first place).
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Galeon rules! I run it and always have like 7 tabs up at once.!

LOL!
    What do you mean you don\'t have a backup disk?