Thread: Flash & Chinese Characters

Exclamation Flash & Chinese Characters

does anyone know how to place chinese characters into a flash movie as text not images?
    and i tried copying and pasting the chinese text from MSWord but all that pasted was question marks... thanks.
    -[h3llbringer] is back, again.
    -MSN CLoNE.

No you can't do that. It has to be images.
    If you were to do that, the computer that views the flash file needs to have the same chinese font installed to see the characters.
    Understand?
    Cheers!
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

morfius not really
    you could type it in flash and then convert the text to a symbol
    as for copying them across - soz i dunno about that

v_Ln

Actually valhallen...it depends on what you tell flash to do with the text. If you just convert it to a symbol, it still won't show up on computers that don't have that font. If, when you create the text and tell flash to export the font with it (it isn't put in those words..but i'm sure there is a tick-box in the text pannel), then yes, you'll see the characters on the computer. But that will have a considerable effect on the size of the .swf file.
    What i think you want to do is, type the text/characters in, turn it to a symbol (as valhallen suggested), the click modify ---> break apart. That will turn the text/characters into vectors, which will ofcourse be viewable on all computers with flash on them.

Cheers!
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;