Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logic Bombs

Logic Bombs are more like macros. Say a kiddie wants to set up my computer so that if you do not hit the right keys in the right order (let's say crl-alt-1) before they login in as root the system automaticaly begins to shred files then format while a nice little gui screen sits out front saying "now logging in" or something like that. This would keep law enforcment from seeing what they have on their HDD. (good thing most kiddies are not that smart) also the data would actualy have to be shredded not just unmarked or forensic software would still be able to read the information.
    Of course you could impliment this in to a virus. Like Palemoon said if you set this same thing to happen whith ctrl-alt-del you'd have a little problem on your hands.
    A squirrel with no nuts will soon starve.

Not that im akiddie but id sure like to see a tutorial on this

If you tell me Curiosity Killed the cat,
    Then I say he died a noble death.

Ok now we have decided what a logic bomb is what are some logic bombs names and what exactally do they do (i think i have one) i mean are they that big of a security risk?

Well, it really depends on their payload. You may have more time to find and isolate them that you would with virii because they might be waiting for some procedure to activate, but if they go undetected...

logic bombs check for enviromental changes, like a your name being taken off the payroll, if uve been sacked and then activate teir payload, it is a virus all the same.

And hackers.com whouldnt tolerate a question like that. this is security.

preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

as djm says thier not like normal viruses, they dont replicate, they act more like a trojan, without the remote acces part BUT become destructive when a certain thing happens.

preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

you know, i read abt this from what u guys posted but i read it earlier i just came back, and i got really intrested so i looked it up, i would have to say logic bombs are almost like viruses they both do damage which is obvious and some viruses are triggered and logic bombs do exactly that

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    well a logic bomb can be just a routine in a virus or a worm for example the big worm that attck NASA was a worm without a doubt yet it had the logic bomb routine hardcoded into it ti was ot reporduce on a certain date and lay dormat in the networks for a couple weeks i believe. so in totality a logic bomb doesnt have to be considered whole but an attribute to a virus or worm
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"