Gray AntiPoints???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gray AntiPoints???

System_Overload

Gray AntiPoints???

Here I go again with yet an other suggestion.....

Ok this is really messing with my head....
    Gray AntiPoints don't count for anything, so why do you let people give them out???? Thats like someone giving me a gift and saying..... Hey System_0verload I got you a gift, but you can never open it.... What good is that?

So here is my suggestion..... If a person does not have enough antipoints to give out antipoints that count for something make the antipoint window say:

*Sorry but you do not have enough antipoints* Then under that say
    *You may give out points after you have 100 antipoints*

I hope you like this suggestion... The Gray antipoints bug me...

System_0verload
    Share on Google+

Well, it's like feedback, just without the consequences of the feedback coming from a person who is registered to vote

But it would be nice if there was a quick way to tell if they were APPROVAL grey points or DISAPPROVAL ones. Right now the only way to see is to go to the post, and see what antipoints were given to the post, and what the color is THERE.... and that's if a comment exists. Otherwise, no luck.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency
    Share on Google+

I agree with that Terr it would be good to see if they were approval or disapproval gray antipoints, perhaps they could be different colors?
    Share on Google+

System_Overload
    Terr thats what im talking about in a way....
    We can keep the gray for approval and make a black point for disapproval... Even that would be better then just a gray point....

System_0verload
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Totally, I've been sending request to people for the grey to see if it was a positive or a negative comment.... (some say nothing in the submission)
    Share on Google+

Banned
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=226384
    i suggested that here but to no avail
    RiOTEr
    Share on Google+

i believe JP is already quite busy with his arrest to check out on the Antipoints thingi lol
    Share on Google+

I was madley giving out antipoints, only to discover that they wern't green, and the grey mean almost nix... oh well post a bit and you get in the green right.. well I finally decided to check on where I was with my anti-points.. bugger -10.. seems a former member of this forum realy sluged me because of my silly Nick.
    I realy do thank those who have posted positive anti points my way this last week.. If a grey ppositive was just one lousy point I would well on my way to being able to give green points.... i am now atleast on the positive side of the board.. woohoo

Here is another Question... When some one Queries a grey point allocation.. why is it listed as a Neg point? I have only given Positive grey points, and the queries have asked why a neg point?

Or should I post that in the Bugs section?

Cheers UO2
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr
    Share on Google+

Different shades for grey antipoints would be a good idea, although it would be better if anyone with positive antipoints could give either positive or negative points to others, but only 1 point at a time (rather than the 12 or so points that some senior members can dish out). Otherwise, as S_O suggested, just have the AP assignment window say "Sorry, but you require 50 antipoints yourself before you can assign antipoints to other members".
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.
    Share on Google+

IMHO the best way would be to have only red and green as AP colors, even if they not count and raises or lower the AP level. This way there would not be any "grey" confusion, and the most important thing for me is to see if people likes my posts and threads not the value of them, since that system easily can be abused.

If one senior with lots of AP's assigns me positive AP's for a thread many people may think that he shall not have more greenies. If the AP's was worth less more people would assign AP's (and make comments) to different threads and posts. Most important for me is feedback and I guess many other think like me aswell, this is only a idea and I may be wrong .
    Share on Google+