Wireless Credit Card Fraud

Thread: Wireless Credit Card Fraud

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

Wireless Credit Card Fraud

Couldn't find a previous post on this, so if it has been posted, sorry...

from MSN News
    May 1 — Think you are safe from the cryptic world of wireless computer hacking? Think again. Security researchers who study wireless networks have found another embarrassing information leak, this one involving well-known retail giants. Some stores use cash registers with wireless networks that beam data — including credit card numbers — to a central computer elsewhere in the store. But a hacker can sit in a store’s parking lot and “listen in” to the data. Indeed, consumer electronics retailer Best Buy Co. shut off wireless cash registers at its stores Wednesday after being alerted to the potential problem, saying it was investigating the issue.
    Read the whole story:
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Hmm... interesting post. Say... are you aware that your name is 201? Or are my Madd adding skillz off... oh well.
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

your right PhirePhreak, i get 201 !
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

U know i think it would be fun to take a lappy and a wireless lan card and hang out at a best buy parking lot just to see what you could pick up..... of course i would NEVER do anything with this data.... just to see how insecure these people are and give them hard evidence of how easy it was to sniff out their data..... or maybe it wont work and proove that they DO have some security up.... either way it would be fun to play with wireless lans... im not getting into them yet cus i dont know how to secure them enough.....