Trojans, script kiddies and flames
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Trojans, script kiddies and flames

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    154

    Post Trojans, script kiddies and flames

    Looking over the front page I noticed this thread, I have been thinking about this for a while, this is an example and is the most resent of may many posts that have a similar ethos. System_Overlord I’m only am using your post as an example, not to be vindictive against yourself personally.

    Title of the thread; NEW TROJAN
    [qoute]I posted this thread to see just how meny lame scripter kiddies we have around here...
    Just sit back and watch how meny views this thread gets in the next few days... Be sure to subtract 20 from the total number of views b/c im sure a few flamers will view this thread as well....

    If you did come here looking for a trojan all I can say is to bad so sad. Get a life and try learning something for a change...

    Scripter kiddies are lame!!!


    System_0verload
    [/quote]


    Firstly I agree that script kiddies are lame, and also that feeding any potential, or kiddie with information that might be used should not happen. However it would appear to me that as soon as you mention Trojan you instantly get labelled as a script kiddie and flamed for it, unless you phase your question very carefully. Sometimes I think that people whom are interested in learning more about Trojans get needless flamed and negative antipoints for merely mentioning them.

    There are script kiddies out there and they use Trojans they use the to comprise systems, they are a tools. Yeah they are lame, yeah they take no understanding really to use them but hell they are used and they can work.

    Also with the media seam to me to be using Trojan lately as a buzz world more and more people are becoming aware of them, because of the perceived coolness to be a hacker (media context) there are more and more people using Trojans as a way to be a cool hacker meaning that the demand for them is increasing as ever this means that the supply will keep trying to come up with new and improved versions. This acting as a domino effect if more people know about Trojan the more people are going to want to learn about them and the potential for the increase of them being used for illegal activity’s, however people are also going to want to protect themselves against this threat.

    Now if someone comes to antionline looking for information about Trojans and there response is flames an/or negative antipoints they are going to carry on there search elsewhere. Depending on there motivation, they may find a site where they can learn to use these programs not increase there understanding of computing and a “lame” Trojan user is born that might on day try to attack your system with a Trojan. Or alternatively someone trying to learn how to protect themselves or understand to a greater depth how they work to help themselves protect against Trojan just leave this site, even though they have to potential to become a good member.

    Now you say ahh but my box/systems I use are protected against such attacks. How do you honestly know unless you yourself run the Trojans against your system and keep up to date with how the latest one work? You have to find you information out. What I’m trying to say is that many people are here to learn how about security, many like myself have a very limited computer understanding compared to other more experienced users here. Reading about the subject in general you fall over Trojans and their possible applications all the time. Is it not natural to want to understand something that most can find and use? All I’m saying is that times it appears to me people are too quick to flame. Sometimes I wonder with a little guidance, how many potential script kiddies would be drawn to security rather than abuse of computers.

    Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

  2. #2

    Re: Trojans, script kiddies and flames

    Originally posted here by Kindred69
    Now you say ahh but my box/systems I use are protected against such attacks. How do you honestly know unless you yourself run the Trojans against your system and keep up to date with how the latest one work?

    I just let Moosoft ensure their trojan data base is up to date. And why not? I'm paying for their product. It's the same with AntiVirus software. I don't run every known virus against my network to ensure it's safe. I pay for AntiVirus products to ensure they're kept up to date. I hope that makes sense....


    Anyway, good post.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    4,786
    i totally agree with you Kindred69. no one can really appreciate the need for computer security, until they see the control someone else can have over their system with a trojan.

    they are defiantly out there and no matter how obscure you may believe yourself to be, if you get one on your system they're gonna really screw you up, just for kicks
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    522
    definately agreed Greenies For YOU!

  5. #5
    System_Overload
    Guest
    Good point Kindred69... My thread is Titled (New Trojan: Get it here) I wanted people to think that there was a new trojan, and that thet could get it by viewing the thread. Yes I am keeping in mind that there might be a few people around that just want to know new trojan info so they can be on the look out for it. I would say about 20% of the views were from flamers and people looking for trojan warnings, but the other 80% of the views are scripter kiddies...


    System_0verload

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    97
    Originally posted here by System_Overload
    Good point Kindred69... My thread is Titled (New Trojan: Get it here) I wanted people to think that there was a new trojan, and that thet could get it by viewing the thread. Yes I am keeping in mind that there might be a few people around that just want to know new trojan info so they can be on the look out for it. I would say about 20% of the views were from flamers and people looking for trojan warnings, but the other 80% of the views are scripter kiddies...


    System_0verload
    I'm very interested in knowing how you came up with the 80% and how do you know for a fact that percentage were "script kiddies" what did you use monitor the two ?.

    Crimina1

  7. #7
    System_Overload
    Guest

    Thumbs up

    Well if you take a look at all the trojan threads you will find that about 80% are kiddies asking where they can find a trojan, or if we know of any new trojans that are out... If you don't think im right tale a look for yourself... Do a search on the main page for trojan threads.....



    System_0verload

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    97
    Originally posted here by System_Overload
    Well if you take a look at all the trojan threads you will find that about 80% are kiddies asking where they can find a trojan, or if we know of any new trojans that are out... If you don't think im right tale a look for yourself... Do a search on the main page for trojan threads.....



    System_0verload
    Good point.

    Crimina1

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    293
    Kindred69:
    I agree with u with most of what u say... the only thing I don't understand is why some1 would want to ask about trojans in a forum anyway. All the information needed can be found with a simple quick google-search. I think that ppl just as often get flamed for asking lame question. It's like asking: what is 2+2?
    the first golden rule of internet forums and IRC is... search first and if u don't find **** then ask.
    I hate when ppl ask "where can I find a new good trojan?". if they are so lame that they don't even know how to use google or just don't bother they aren't worth sh*t. I've done many virus-researches myself and I sure as hell never got flamed or banned or anything. I did my own research first and when I couldn't find answers to my questions I asked on IRC. And since I knew what I was talking about I were able to ask specific questions and often even without mentioning the word "virus"... this is how ppl should do if they don't wanna look lame.
    but I still agree with you that not all is as it should be
    greenies for u, good thread
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    380
    TROJAN TROJAN TROJAN TROJAN TROJAN TROJAN

    Hehehe I like to live dangerously
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •