Getting into Mercedes with a Palm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting into Mercedes with a Palm

Banned

Lightbulb Getting into Mercedes with a Palm

Believe it or not, people with a Palm pilot, Omni-Remote program, and a IR controller (for the later models of Palm) can record the Infra-red signal from the keychain of the car and then send the signal later to get into the Mercedes.....

How come just Mercedes? Unlike other vehicles, their inner controller functions on IR instead of radio frequency.....

Hope they don't start to make garage door openers with IR too....

(The only problem with this, is that the person with the Palm has to either be in front of you when you send the signal or they have possession of your keychain at any one time (like at a party) so that the Palm's Omni-Remote program can properly record the serial frequency for the IR)

lol wow.. talking about Technology.. hmm.. maybe i should get one of those..

heh heh heh... that sounds interesting... fairly simple too. Mercedes is going to have quite a bit of trouble over this one...
    WE ARE the anti cancer...
    WE ARE the only answer...
    email

Banned
    i think that was on gone in 60 secconds... or something remotely like it... lol

Technology rules... now if only i could make an IR transmitter thats the shape of the mercedes key, maybe then i can START the car...... hrmm...

Banned
    Dome.... you're dangerous!

It was something similar in Gone In Sixty Seconds but it was for the garage door opener and it was radio frequencies....

Flash M0nkey
    You don't even need a palm....you can use one of those TV Remote watches in the same way

v_Ln

Banned
    Remind me not to buy a new Mercedes....

Especially if those little watches work too.... :0

hehehe, they're not gonna like that, Mercedes has had a lot of problems with their security systems, in Holland and Germany some cars who like passed by broadcasting stations mysteriously shut their engine (engine block mechanism), every time they passed the area.

LOL, humm new stuff has the computer chip in the key end padding tryed a cheap copy drove a block lights flashed, engine quit, horn honked ..ok was a test but that was just a Ford LOL..to funny cannot lock the keys in the SUV with the other remote while running, so much for calling work I'm late locked my keys inside engine on excuse.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Originally posted here by Palemoon
    ok was a test but that was just a Ford

ok that was your problem all along. you see, it was a fordů

what was the old addage?
    F ix O r R epair D aily or
    F ound O n R oad D ead
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?