Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: annother anti-points thought...

Don't be so hypocritical, English is not a first language for everyone at AO, and judging by your post you are hardly uploading the standards of grammer, punctuation and spelling.

Critize - critise (that is the correct English)
    Alot - a lot (it's two separate words!)
    whos - whose
    there - their (in the context you are using)
    oh and lets not forget Crimina1 that a question mark signifies the end of a sentance. You seem to think it is like a comma! Even in the earliest school classes we learn that after the end of a sentance the first word of the new sentance begins with a capital. Also I would just like to point out that when typing the correct format is one space between words and two after every full stop or any other character which signifies the end of a sentance.
    Now personnaly I don't worry about such things, a post's merit should be judged by the information conatined within, not by the formaility of its display. If you would like to dispute this or any of the points I have raised in this post or to discuss any other aspects of the English language please feel free to Private Message me. I have been studying English now, both the literature and the language, for over four years. Durring which time I have earned myself a GCSE in English Language as well as a GCSE and an Advanced Level GCE in English Literature. I also finished top in my year in the C.L.A.I.T examinations which test typing skills and ability to present text in the formal and correct manner. So I would like to think that I am qualified to answer any questions you may want to raise on the subject.

/me turns off the formality button - ich >_<;
    see the vast majority of us do know the correct format when typing etc but most of the time it is sacrificed for the sake of time and ease!
    Are you really going to sit and type Hyper Text Mark-up Language everytime insteread of HTML? come on Crimina1 lighten up!!!
    s0 whet iph are spoiling aent thet gud - is lung is yew git the musseage!!!!

v_Ln

English pffft, I'm never going to England!

Originally posted here by bquine
    English pffft, I'm never going to England!
    Why, what's wrong with the English?
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Sorry, Simpson quote. Like:
    "Me fail english?!? That's unpossible"

GreekGoddess
    *CRIES* Yes, it was me......LOL I was tired and clicked the wrong box as I was giving jehnx greenies, and they ended up being red...

/me still feels guilty.

/me pats GG it'll be ok

v_Ln

<Idle bored being annoying mode>

Originally posted here by valhallen

oh and lets not forget Crimina1 that a question mark signifies the end of a sentance. You seem to think it is like a comma! Even in the earliest school classes we learn that after the end of a sentance the first word of the new sentance begins with a capital. Also I would just like to point out that when typing the correct format is one space between words and two after every full stop or any other character which signifies the end of a sentance.
    Now personnaly I don't worry about such things, a post's merit should be judged by the information conatined within, not by the formaility of its display.
    Now, you see that very first letter? What's wrong with it?

</Idle bored being annoying mode>

Okay, thread dies. Already discussed.
    AP's give you nothing except little rank dots, more or less.
    As for the two-spaces after the end of a sentence stuff, I don't believe in it. I wasn't raised that way
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Hmm... if you're a computer guru, wouldn't you have learned by now to pay attention to some details? Like which radio button is checked?

If people just take a few extra moments to check what they're doing, there will be no problem whatsoever... oh, never mind. All the other computer geeks here have an outside life and have no time to proof-read.

Namárie,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

hahaha i feel somewhat guilty admiting this but i love seeing hypocrites (SP!!!! )[ dont worry i know how to spell it) get flamed by everyone!!!! honestly criminal , english is my second lang. so chill buddy, do u know russian? probably not, what if u started learning it and typed in it and i start flaming u abt. spelling or grammar , would u like that? nope because its not ur first lang. ITS MINE THO *proud*

O YEA ok why i checked the system , i act. think its a good idea, cuz it gives value to your post and i think people with good posts should be rewarded in someway, even if its a pat on the back, or greenies

Thanx for readin
    Jan