Thread: Book: A Complete Hackers HandBook

Banned

Book: A Complete Hackers HandBook

I recently bought "A Complete Hackers Handbook" by Dr-K .....

to tell you the truth i was REALLY dissapointed....

It explained alot of basics of TCP and Binary and how things worked to newbies, but went in NO detales at all about security issues and how to resolve them or find them.....

I guess it really wasnt waht i expected

i also bought the book but it helped me out a lot, probably because i am still new to the network administration side of the computer world. Up until now my only knowledge of computers was in programming and also a little hardware knowledge.
    \"Drastic times call for drastic measures.\"

Hmmmm..... I brought that book a few months back at comet *lol*.I found it quite an interesting read aswell but then again I am mostly a newbie neway good old comet.

-Sh4d0wX
    If l0vε aint å g4mε,thεn h0w c0mε thεrε arε §0 m4ny p|4yεr$?

Waterstones are usually good for security related books, in the UK. The Nottingham store is, anyway. Then there's Heffers in Cambridge who have shelves upon shelves full of computer books. PC stores such as Comet/PC World etc. don't tend to have anything useful, they just stock millions of copies of "Getting Started with Windows XP Home Edition" style books.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

i also have a complete hackers handbook, although it didnt go into great detail it covered many many of the different aspects of hacking etc...

A GOOD PLACE TO GO FOR BOOKS IN THE UK IS WWW.COMPUTERBOOKSDIRECT.COM OR BORDERS BOOKSHOP THEY BOTH SELL REALLY GOOD BOOKS ON NETWORK SECURITY AND HACKING DEFENCE
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]

an interesting book is '1984'.....sorry, just wanted to comment, I know it's not on topic. Also, Hackers Challenge, Hack Attacks Revealed, and Hacking Exposed are pretty informative.

Thumbs down

I can honestly say I bought the same book A couple of years ago A Complete Hackers Handbook it's not very good and everything it covers is from 1989- 1996 type hacking his lame phf technique lol section is really old and needs to be updated, I give the book two thumbs down!