Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Proxomitron.

Very nice Negative. cheers
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Banned
    i just want to tell everyone hwo's using Internet Explorer to download MyIE2 from www.webattack.com .. it has a better interface and lot more option... highly reccomended download

Banned
    A lot more options than IE, or than Proxomitron? If you're talking about the latter, I have to disagree... Proxomitron allows you to write your own rules, making the possibilities nearly endless... MyIE2 is a nice browser-enhancement, though

Banned
    im talkin about MyIE2 ... it has more options and you can download skins ....

Several things:

1. As I'm sure you've noticed, Proxomitron is missing, presumed dead.

2. Linux users:

I use something called MiddleMan, it can be found on freshmeat (or you can google for it). It seems good.

It's also a privacy-increasing proxy server. It can remove headers, remove ad images and do other clever stuff I haven't worked out yet.

Unfortunately its configurability is limited for those who don't understand Perl regular expressions (i.e. most people). It does have a web UI, but requires that regular expressions are used for wildcards etc.

3. Proxy chaining:

Chaining proxies is quite simple. Normally a proxy will connect directly to the target sites. Each non-terminal proxy must be configured to use the next one in the chain, for example, if you run your own LAN, you could configure your local LAN proxy to use your ISP's proxy. However, their proxy will connect directly unless *they* configure it to do otherwise. You can also make a proxy use a different method for different sites.

For example, your LAN proxy could be instructed to connect directly to intranet sites with your private domain name, and use the ISP's proxy for anything else.

The method of actually configuring the proxies is of course software-specific.

Banned
    Originally posted by slarty
    1. As I'm sure you've noticed, Proxomitron is missing, presumed dead.
    Yes it is... the Proxomitron-project is no longer...
    You can still get your copy here

I just got it tonight, had to have a friend dl it for me and email it (thanks Juridian), because from 2 different servers, I got it to 50% then it said the connection to server was lost.

I love it so far
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Hmmm, tried the This link for downloading and testing but yahoo gave me the "NOT FOUND" error page...

Maybe another link?

Banned
    Ghostintheruins > The Proxomitron project has been shut down. You still can get a copy here

Oups sorry, didnt see that there were more pages for same thread, thanks for the tip Negative!