what should i do
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what should i do

Question what should i do

i know this has probably been answered hundreds of times but iv searched and couldnt find it so ill post neway.

I have Agnitum Outpost firewall and i have been getting attacks all mouring all from the same ip attacking different ports. I wondered what (if anything) I could do about it or if i should just ignore it?

thanks

umm, why dont you configure yur firewall to deny packets coming from that ip..just a guess..

my pc just crashed and my firewall has found NetBios requesting a connection (its been blocked) and iv just blocked the attackers ip if that will help.

Find out the attacker's ISP and give them a call and give them details of the attacks from your log file. ISP's are usually happy to kick the offending people off the ISP in cases such as this. You don't have to tolerate this behaviour. Good luck .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

The best thing is to contact the ISP, they will surely investigate the matter...

Remember to sound very angry in your email or phonecall
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

sorry for asking the obvious but how do you find out the attackers isp and is there anyway to find out who owns the ip because i think i might know who it is?

thanks for answering

You use a tracing software such as Neotrace Express or LanGuard (look on google) and punch in the IP your firewall has given you. A Backtrace should come up with info on the ISP...

You could also give use the IP and I can gather info for you...

You can also go to www.samspade.org and get the Sam Spade tool to do whois look ups on IPs. It's free.
    They also have on-line tools you can use for look ups if you don't won't to install any software.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

thanks

anytime