Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Network Security

AntiOnline Newbie

Network Security

Iam at work and i want to access an irc server. The admin here has everything locked down tight and i had an idea. If i could find out what ports are open i could change/add that port to my bnc and connect through that port. I dont have permisions to access telnet or ssh so im preaty well ****ed. If n e 1 has a suggestion of how i can get arround the admin from hells great work i would apreiciate it verry much. Basicly i just want to know how i can find an open port so i can connect to irc :[

Set up a server of your own, with port 80 as ssh port.
    then ssh (from work) to port 80 of your home box...

tada now you can use sirc or bitchx or whatever irc client you like..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

AntiOnline Newbie
    Now thats a great idea. I lil out of my league. Got a quick fix?

find another place to work (best option)

work hard and become admin (helps to have present admin knocked off when your ready)

use http pages with irc applets (like here)

install perl on your computer and search for pl files made for this purpose, (proxyTools-2002-04-10a.zip) theirs alot of them around, but you will be detected so you might wanna buddy-up to security first.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AntiOnline Newbie
    yer i tried java...but its still gona connect to port 6667 so im stil stuffed...maybe a new job isnt such a bad idea...

How to do it w/out using standard IRC ports though?
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

AntiOnline Newbie
    yer i read somewhere that ya can telnet to irc servers....but thats out of the question aswell in my case :[

what ports are open to you?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    ok quick fix right?...forget about raw irc connections, that is junk go to http://www.http-tunnel.com/HT_Download_HTTPTunnel.asp and download it just run it and the go to IE >> tools >> internet options >> connections >> lan settings(if u are on a lan) then put 127.0.0.1 port 1080 (yes it is 1080 not 8080) click the by pass and then go to advanced and not use the same for all just put 127.0.0.1 and 1080 in the socks everyhting else is to be left alone then u have an easy way thru most firewalls i have yet to be stop at school and i get to come to these "criminal" web sites....for some reason ppl think of www.cyberarmy.com as a criminal web site bleh anyway i hope that helps
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

Setup a port redirector like fpipe from foundstone on an external computer (ie: at home) and redirect incoming connections on port 80 to 6667 on the irc server you want to reach...

You should take care of firewalling your home box so only your company IP can access that redirect...

HOWEVER, being an admin myself, try to understand why your admin blocks everything else...

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss