Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Network Security

Forgot to mention that you should connect your irc client to your external computer's ip with port 80...

Also, my solution (if it works.. it should I think!) uses pretty much the same principle that emrys' : outbound port 80 is almost always left open for http...

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    that works too
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

If only my home computer wasn't two LANs off of the internet AND behind the work ISP, oh well. The good side, I get to play around with IE settings, wheee!
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

hmm...let's see:
    I downloaded the prog, set my SOCK setting in IE to 127.0.0.1 port 1081
    (the log said it couldn't use 1080 because something else was already using it, so 1081)
    configured prog to "no proxy, only firewall" which worked for address.
    tried antionline's java client, couldn't establish connection on irc.antionline.com port 6667.
    any help?

Sorry if incoherent, need to sleep soon

I also have Visual IRC '97 and mIRC installed, if you would rather show how to use those

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    ok dont worry that mean instead of putting 1080 as the port put 1081 ...just do that and it should work .....it depends how the servers feel like working but usually 1080 works oh and thx for the points g0d knows wot they are for :-P
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"