Hello All Outpost Users,

I recently contacted Mr. Wayne Larmon of Dshield.org about the plans on releasing a report utility in the fashion of ZonAlarm Visual Report utility and the response was quite positive! Here it is :

Outpost is on my list of firewalls to support. We have already had several requests for Outpost support. But one Outpost user told me that Outpost will be releasing a new version shortly, with different log format, and that I should wait until it is released before writing a converter. Do you know anything about this?

Otherwise, I'll schedule some time to examine Outpost and see what I can do with it. Watch our "What's New" page for an annoucement of Outpost support.

Wayne Larmon
DShield.org

If any of you are fans of that firewall (like me), I would appreciate if you could email Agnitum to tell them you are interested in a report utility for Outpost. I sent the following to info@agnitum.com :

Dear sirs,

I recently inquired with Mr. Wayne Larmon from Dshield.org about plans of crafting a submission utility for logs created by your firewall to their excellent database and he mentionned me he had plans of coding one but was informed by Outpost users that your company would soon release a new version of Outpost with a different log method. Is that a fact or only online blahblah?

Anyhow I think you should get in contact with Mr. Larmon and discuss together about that possibility. There are several report utilities for competing firewalls (ZoneAlarm, BlackIce Defender, etc...) and I think this is an opportunity for you to give an edge to your awesome firewall...

Here is Mr. Larmon's email : wlarmon@dshield.org

I dearly hope you will consider that opportunity,

Sincerely.

My goal is to get them to talk together and come up with something as good as the ZonAlarm Visual Report Utility, if possible... My experience with such request is that the more they get the quicker the tool comes out so I hope you guys will jump on the wagon with me!

Thanks for your help