Thread: Linksys Router and Linux

Linksys Router and Linux

Ive tried to set up my linksys router with my linux box with no success. Im just curious if anyone else has had similar problems, or if there is anyone who successfully uses the two together?
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Banned
    well i gues ill find this out next week when i go in search of a router, lol

i actually have a lynksys broadband router for my system
    what i did was setup up my ether net card for dhcpd
    and then i set up the router via a webrowser you connect to its default ip 192.168.1.1 and set it up
    if you are using dsl just enter some simple things click on PPPoE and connect its pretty simple i really didnt have
    any problems at all

good luck

if you have any problems just contact me and i will be happy to lend a helping hand
    it cant rain every day

Re: Linksys Router and Linux

Originally posted here by ThePreacher
    Ive tried to set up my linksys router with my linux box with no success. Im just curious if anyone else has had similar problems, or if there is anyone who successfully uses the two together?
    Hi Preacher,
    I use cable (Road Runner) with a Linksys BEFSR41. It's working for me. Basically what I did was buy another ethernet cable (they don't supply you with one), hooked it to connect the router and my cable modem, and then I connected the cable modem to the ethernet port on the back of my box. So you have one ethernet cable running from the box to the modem, and one from the modem to the router. Then, open your browser, and type in the router's ip of 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, hit enter. This will get you to the configuration page. I chose the DHCP option. After you choose all the configuration options take a pen or something pointed and hit the reset button on the router.

If this isn't helpful, post again with more details about the specific problem you're having.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

What exactly are you trying to do Preach? my Linksys runs dhcp and all boxes can use it, but some of my servers have their own IP, or are you trying to setup a Linux dhcp server?