Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Windows keyboard tricks

i likd ur information

Hoopy Frood
    Please do not reply to old threads unless you have something very good or pertinent to add to them. " i likd ur information" does not meet this requirment. While it's nice comment, it would be better to assign the author (Tedob1) some positive AntiPoints (Read the FAQ if you don't know how) and put your comment in there, than to do as you did.

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

thanks kapish.popli i really appreciate your comment and i hope you find the information useful but xierox is right. some folks really get bent out of shape by old posts being brought up again
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I gotta say, he knows his stuff!!! One time I was on the laptop, the keypad was turned off & the mouse wasn't working so i had to learn how to use the tab button & all the shortcuts. It really is so much easier & faster.
    I Love Computers !!! We are all in for a ride !!![glowpurple][shadow]Tech Rules!!![/shadow][/glowpurple]
    [blur]Amethyst[/blur]

I dont know if sumone has already posted this but you can set a ctrl+alt+any letter shortcut to any program by just lookin at the properties.

in win2k and higher you can specifiy a folder where in executables (and shortcuts) can be ran without having to specify a path.

for winXP:
    goto system settings (windows key + pause/break)
    goto advanced
    hit enviroment variables
    under system variables select "path" and hit edit
    Here you can add a path (for example "C:\path"), seperated by semi colons (" ; "), the last path does not need a semicolon

example:
    %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\path
    Like this you can place shortcuts and executables in C:\path, which do not require a path in windows key + R, the command prompt, and such (instead of typing C:\path\program.exe you can type program.exe)