Thread: Bastille

Post Bastille

Well, I use Mandrake linux 8.2 and I use Bastille to help me configure security. Simply put I set up the bastille-firewall, then I tried to use bastille interactive to turn off services and further improve security, but after I set it up, it turned off the bastille-firewall. I then turned the firewall back on, and all the settings I made with bastille-interactive were restored to default. Is this some kind of error in bastille? If not how do I get around it?
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Ok, I may not be understanding you, but here goes. There is Bastille Interactive that lets you configure more options. Then there is Bastille Chooser that lets you use a ready made security setting. When you say the "firewall," are you talking abot Bastille Chooser? You can only run "Interactive" or "Chooser" separately-- not together. If you configure Interactive, then go back and reselect Chooser, the Interactive settings will return to default.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)