Thread: AntiPoints for banned members

AntiPoints for banned members

I can still give AntiPoints to members such as System_Overlord, who have been banned. Wouldn't it be better if these users were in some way cut off from the antipoint system, so we could still view their posts, profile etc. but couldn't assign antipoints, or is this not feasible?
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Banned
    I am pretty sure you can give them points but they dont count.... i think it just stays at Gray.....

What dose it matter if you can give them points or not?
    WWJD
    What Would Jesus Do (For a klondike Bar?)

Does it matter? I'm pretty sure they are going to stay banned regardless of how many points you give them. If you want to give them points one way or the other, go ahead. It's not going to make any difference in the long run.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Banned
    lol, very true statement deb

but it would be funny to see a banned member with 1000 aps

Hmm, I just glad to see that the PostWhore of the century has been banned. It's a good day for the easily-agitated everywhere...

Dome: The APs show up as red in my AntiPoints center, although I don't know whether they actually counted.

The problem with this is that people could abuse the system by giving AP to banned members in order to spread their points around enough so that they could give them to someone else again. It's not a major problem, but one that I'd like to see fixed if possible.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Banned
    Greetings:

Yes, I leave that function open for a purpose. In some cases, users get banned by the system (for a number of reasons), and after review, I decide to unban them. Also, sometimes I have banned a user for a particular reason, then decided to unban them later on as well.

So, all of those functions for the "banned" user are left open.

Obviously, it doesn't make much sense to be assigning points to a banned user, but then again, it doesn't really matter either.

As for pwaring's comment. Yes, that could allow someone to "spread around" their AntiPoints. But don't forget that you have a limit on how many antipoints that you can assign in one day as well.

It's all a game of checks and balances.

thanks for the suggestion though.

thread closed.