Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop DDoS attacks NOW!

Stop DDoS attacks NOW!

Webcreen technology (Gary Milo and another associate) claim they have discovered a way to stop dreaded DDoS attacks. To sum up the article found here :

They mention how impractical it is to sift through router logs when the attack is coming from a vast majority of different IP's and physically blocking the mailicious useres.

"With our technology we inspect packets individually and can decide whether or not to allow them through. This allows us to stop attacks pretty quickly, even if we let a little through in the first place."

Charm - a Webscreen software component, between the net and the webserver acting similar to a bridge with no IP. To make a long story short Charm is supposed to stop attacks almost completley...sounds pretty cool.

"we can prevent 99% of DDoS attack traffic coming through."

I would love to get my hands on this as soon as its out. I guess the most important thing is that it will *always* grant access to the webserver to the best and most trusted customers.
    One other thing...what do you guys think this will cost?

Banned
    Probably alot since100% of companies will want it... They can make a pretty fortune off this ya know..

can stop 90% of all DoS attacks!!! oO
    w00t w00t!!!
    heh what are all the lil kiddiots gonna play with now??

v_Ln

Hi mom!
    Originally posted here by valhallen
    (...) heh what are all the lil kiddiots gonna play with now??
    My suggestion
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

lol @ guss
    heh now thats class

v_Ln

That’s great. Hopefully Ddos attacks will go the way of ip spoofing. Ddos attacks were mostly done by lame script kidz and just ended up giving real hackers a bad rap as senseless vandals.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    ok here is the thing wot about all those hackers that snoop around AT&T and other big corporations they could always use things like DDOs attacks, especially if they have remote access to multiple computers across the world to confuse the hell out of them ...i mean it is useful for those that do illegal(not strictly unethical) i mean they can use that to help stall ppl tracing them..does any1 agree with me here?
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    ok here is the thing wot about all those hackers that snoop around AT&T and other big corporations they could always use things like DDOs attacks, especially if they have remote access to multiple computers across the world to confuse the hell out of them ...i mean it is useful for those that do illegal(not strictly unethical) i mean they can use that to help stall ppl tracing them..does any1 agree with me here?
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

It shouldnt be that confusing if they are using the Webscreen DDoS tool (and it works as well as they say it does). Unless they are looking for it they wont even know they are being attacked by a DDoS.

It shouldnt be that confusing if they are using the Webscreen DDoS tool (and it works as well as they say it does). Unless they are looking for it they wont even know they are being attacked by a DDoS.