Linux

Thread: Linux

Banned

Linux

I recently realized something....... almost every time someone asks a linux question there is 1 person atleast who sends them to linuxquestions.org....... why???? if they wanted to ask the question there they would of gone there.... why not just answer it here??? are we not goood enough?? personally i think we are....

reply if you know what im talking about and have simular feelings.

What if they were a linux newbie and didn't know linuxquestions.org is there?
    And maybe they would have asked the questions there if they know it was around
    I toor\'d YOU!

Banned
    But the thing is we are a very large community and a large number of us use linux...... maybe im not some linux guru but i can answer a few questions, and thats just like saying "oh we are too dumb to answer that question.... why dont you go this website where they are smarter."

Yah.....but i hate answering questions that have already been answered 5 billion times
    and usually the people who ask those questions havent even spent 5 min looking for there answer they just want us to give them the solution....now how will they ever learn if we dont teach them to RTFM?
    I toor\'d YOU!

Banned
    true true.... but thats what this site is for.... people ask questions and we answer.... now if this is a simple question that hs been asked a millinon times on this site then link them to one of the previous posts.......

we dont want to discourage members from comming to AntiOnline we want to make them feel good and happy and have them return many times.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I agree, I notice lots of times when someone askes a simple questions people direct them to other places. I agree that if someone did a simple search they could find almost all their answers, but this is a forum for people to ask questions in. I really don't have any problems answering questions. I'm usually on here 8 hours a day (all i do at work ) and it gives me something to do.

i have a question then , i just joined like 3 weeks ago, how do i search old threads to see if my question was posted?

Webius Designerous Indiginous

Originally posted here by RuffRyder
    i have a question then , i just joined like 3 weeks ago, how do i search old threads to see if my question was posted?
    You can see your most recent posts in your profile. Also get you an antionline.org emal account. Then in your site preferences set it to notify you via email when someone replys to your post. Or, you can use the suscribe unsuscribe button on each post. Then when you log into AO you can go to site subscriptions. Then it will keep you up to date on your postings and let you know when someone replies.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.