Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on in AO?!?

Banned

Question What's going on in AO?!?

Hey all,

I haven't been on for a few days do to work and I find myself losts to all that has happened....
    System_Overload is now banned do to a "kiddie hack tutorial" he posted, right?
    What was the guide all about?
    Why is SO blaming Neg for his ban?

I noticed that both the tutorial and chit chat forum have been "reworked" so to speak and now have certain guidelines to follow....
    Did something happen to the forums?

I'm trying to get the gist of what's going on...

Can someone fill me in?

yeah, its called a Community which has officially grown out of the "small town" type into a larger more restrictive "city".

Personally i'm surprised that it has taken this long.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Banned
    Well with the total amount of members we have, it's no surprise....

But I'm still curious to what happened with the whole SO situation...
    Reading the "kiddie guide tread" only left me with more confusion...

no..he was baned because of his big "I'm leaving" thread. JP got annoyed with all those stupid threads that people usually come back from so he made sure that SO couldnt change his mind about it and baned him...not to mention the lame behavior he was showing recently. the thing about the tut wasnt about its content, it was about the fact that it looked like he was trying to take credit for it when it was something he c'n'ped.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=228824

That should clear some stuff up for ya..

Banned
    Thanks to the both of ya!
    That would explain alot then just a tutorial being posted....

He whas arguing with Neg about useless matters, he knew that the tutorial whas ripped from somewhere but refused to admit.

Banned
    Heya,

- Argueing with me won't get you banned. Neither will argueing with JP. After all, this IS a forum.
    - Posting inappropriate threads/threads in the wrong forum/copying-and-pasting tutorials without citing the source/... won't get you banned. If it would, I'd be out of a 'job'...
    - Calling me cute names won't get you banned.

There's only one person who can decide to ban people, and that is the owner of this site. He doesn't need our 'advice' on banning people.
    Piss JP off, and you're gone... Abuse the system, and you're gone...

I still feel I did what I was supposed to do in this 'case'. If you disagree, feel free to contact me (yeah, even you, JRoc...). If you insist on having ALL the logs of what exactly happened, feel free to contact me... although I don't think I'm supposed to justify every thread I move, close, edit, delete,...to anyone other than JP.

If arguing got someone banned, I would already be gone. Truth be told there wouldn't have to be rules if people just used common sense when posting. As to what happened with System_Overlord, it doesnt even matter, we have more important things to discuss, like unix.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Well, I must say, I liked a lot of what SO had to share, say and post and I even laughed at some of his jokes. But, I personally don't think that anything Negative did/said/otherwise was wrong/inappropriate or otherwise... while I think that banning is fairly harsh, there's an awful lot of pure unadulterated crap in the forums because of his sh*t so, it's understandable (like JP or Neg need my stupid opinion on this... LOL).

So, guess what I'm trying to say in my own roundabout way is that I support Neg and JP (and all the rest of you hoodlums who posted in "those threads" (LOL - j/k)) - though I am disappointed it had to come to this...

(I will also say that I'm "glad" I had taken a bit of a break from this board while all of this was "going down," though)

Ok, I'll shuttup now... *smirk*
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"