Linux/Unix Shells
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux/Unix Shells

Linux/Unix Shells

Well, after doodling a bit with Windows... for as long as I can remember, I feel I need to expand my horizons. So, I'm thinking bout giving Linux/Unix shell accounts a chance. Since I'm on a 56k WIN modem, I don't think it would be productive at all to download a commercially available distro. So, I'm looking for input as to what your favorite FREE shell accounts are. Also, please tell me what I need to look for in a shell. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Namárie,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

sdf.lonestar.org
    it's very good and free, offcourse if you pay you get more options on the server.

PhirePhreak, I asked the same question awhile back and the only response I got was a list of free shells I already knew about any way do a search for free shells and u will find that list but the shell I'm curnetly using is demented.org they give ya a free shell when ya sign up there is no restricitons well besides that if they catch ya using IRC they kick ya, anyway demented is doing so mantince to there servers and just had to wipe all of the users but its going to back up june 1. Sorry i couldn't help more.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Banned
    just so you guys wiill know.... ive said it before, but when im done coding my php and all my servers will be up im going to offer free shell accounts through my website.....
    www.linux-users.net

AntiOnline Newbie
    dont be a jewbag. fork out the 5 bucks a month. get a real shell

Banned
    i'm using phenix.rootshell.be and it is free with no restrictions (i think) and if you use IRC you are kicked off. just visit the site at http://phenix.rootshell.be

Thanks to everyone for the input!
    That's a big help to me.
    Namaarie,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Banned
    hey now.... none of that jewbag crap, lol... im jewish thank you very much .... btw the shells that im offering are REAL... so they will be free and no 5 bux a month...

i was wondering how long it would take for someone to catch that, i was gonna say something last night but thought it could be more fun to hang back.

so disappointing :-(
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AntiOnline Newbie
    heh u guys realllllly need to relaxxxxx....what with all the negitive antipoints? a jewbag is just australian slang for a cheap person, tight ass and so on...its not a racist remark...besides i hate everyone equally. haha kidding.. im catholic and i worship the king of the jews..u guys have got the wrong idea...its like how americans say fanny. and there it means ass...but here in australia fany means the next oriface along..so when fran fine comes on tv and the opening song goes...she was out on her fanny....im sure all the parent watching tv with the kids dont call up the tv network and complain...if they did i would think they were a bit lame and had too much time on there hands..u guys really need to come to australia and realax...i cant beleive u actually took the time to give me antipionts..