Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bug program file that is not removeable!

Unhappy bug program file that is not removeable!

My brother downloded a file off of morpheus. Called killpokemon.exe it was in software! Now I cant remove it I cant even acess it. On my firewall it shows that someone on the outside has been getting into my system and a few times has actually changed everything which is alot of work to fix. What i need to know is there any way to remove this? When i try to acess it it say denied....When I delete it the progrm moves into another file! It is impossble to get into or get out! Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    e-mail me at mellissafoster@hotmail.com if you think you can help! Thanxs

If you have Win95-ME. Use a boot disk. If you don't have one get one here.
    http://www.bootdisk.com
    Then boot with the disk to a DOS prompt. Use the "CD" command to navigate to the directory it's in and delete it. Then reboot.

Also get a good antivirua and run it from boot. Such as norton's. I can be run from the CD at boot to clean an already inffected system. As well, get you a good trojan removal and scanner progy. Such as The Cleaner ( http://www.moosoft.com ) or T Fak ( http://www.kryptocrew.de/snakebyte/tfak.html). You also should restrict the useage and access to the puter. Go to Web Attack ( http://www.webattack.com ) they have a large security section of freeware that will help you.
    Hope this helps.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Sounds like you have been infected with a trojan try going to blackcode and using their trojan scanner.....if it comes up with a certain trojan do a search on google for a wy off removing it

hope that helps

v_Ln

Mellissa, ...this is what you do.

I've run into this problem a few times...and I know. It sucks. All you have to do is go to the 'software' section in your Morpheus. Then click on a program that you really don't need, that is not killpokemon.exe. Now:

Press 'Ctrl' and click on "killpokemon.exe" - It should highlight...now without moving your mouse. Hit 'Delete' up near the right center of your keyboard (in that place with only six buttons above the arrow keys). It should delete the two programs.

Now, goto: McAfee or Symantec and download one of their free AntiViralKits. OR, just scan your computer for free, and make sure to select the option for them to clean it while their scanning.

After that you just watch yourself, and every program you download, ...scan with an AV (AntiViral) program.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Thanx's for all the input...I do have the anti-virus and run it reg....I even ran the file through it and no virus there. I looked at the codes in the quick view. it's the only way into the file at all. I think there must be a code to enter the program when it says that acess is denied. This is what i hope to find. I want to get into it and sever the concetion that way. Is this possible?

You said you have run the antivirus regularalyu, but it picks up nothing? This must mean this particular virus infects your AVKit itself...or you have another virus that malfunctioned your AVKit. And what 'codes' did you look over? You say there's a code to enter the program...is it password protected? The 'access denied' is probably just a cover up window for infecting you, so you beleive that nothing serious has gone wrong. I would highly reccomend you do an online virus scan. Just to make sure. If my advice up top hasn't worked...move everything out of your shared folder and then delete the folder,...then just create anotherone with the same name, and place everything back in.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

139 netbios-ssn OPENE ....when I went to the scan site that is the port that it said was open. How do I close it? I took everything out of the file and removed it and so on....no luck the little bugger popped up again in another place! I have saved it to disk so I can try to get in. I cant even do the double program delete that was mentioned above. It says denied acess! Can I crack into the file somehow? Is there a way in? I really dont want to delete the whole computer and re-boot my system. Can it be avoided? Thank you for takeing the time to help me out.

The code i spoke of were of the file itself. In the quick view I saw the characteristics of the file(killpokemon) and it was mostly 0000 with a few letters and #

for the time being, download a firewall, diconnect from the net (don't dial in/take out the cable), set it to prompt/block stuff, and reconnect. You should be able to block his acess to it, if you can't delete the trojan itself.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Welcome to Antionline Mellissa,

The above people have given you good advice