Thread: PortMap SunPRC port...

Banned

Post PortMap SunPRC port...

Hey guys i just wanna know some more vulnerabilites of this port....

I know taht you can easily cause a buffer overplow wich will lead to a crash....

But ive heard from someone a while back that you can gain remote root or maybe it was local root with this vulnerability.... but have not found anything that will lead me to it.

And for those of you who are gonna reply to this thinking im going to hack someones box... no im not plain and simple, i am running a RedHat Server and im also going to be running BSD soon, and i know on RedHat this port came set up and open and i had to shut it down, so i awnt to knwo exactly how big of a vulnerability it is.

Thanks

Ummm... this one's so badly abused, I don't think it really deserves proper comment...

RPC is evil and should be avoided... period... end of story.

Best place for this one is Google

(check you PM for slightly better leads though)
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Hi Dome/Liran,
    See this link http://www.iss.net/security_center/a...xploits/ports. Someone else posted it on AO originally. Hth.
    Just scroll down to the entry for port 111 (or whichever one it is) if that's all your interested in.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Antionline Quitter..Srsly
    hey dome u live in miami too.../me lives there in hialeah to be exact
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

hey dome u live in miami too.../me lives there in hialeah to be exact
    \"\"A weak mind is like a microscope, which magnifies trifling things but cannot receive great ones.\" — G.K. Chesterton, 19th-century English essayist and poet\"

Banned
    i live in Aventura

Banned
    i live in Aventura

cool only a few blocks form my grand parents and my aunt /me lives in hialeah ...doesnt xmad also live there or does he live in ft lauderdale?